Job Posting End Date: 04/29
Our Fortune 500 company is driving a digital transformation and looking for forward-thinking innovators to disrupt how our industry thinks about and uses technology. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers, we help millions of people gain affordable access to benefits that help them protect their families, their finances and their futures.
Are you an asker of questions, a solver of problems, and a challenger of the status quo? Our mission is to provide a differentiated customer experience and exceed the expectations people have of technology at any company — not just insurers.
We are seeking individuals to join our team of talented IT professionals who share never-ending passion and an unwavering focus on our customer experience. Team members comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced, and delivery-focused environment thrive in our environment where we value an entrepreneurial spirit and those who challenge the status-quo.
Unum is changing, and we’re excited about what’s next. Join us.
General Summary:Test Engineer I are responsible for working as part of an agile team that delivers business value to its customers. They ensure software is delivered to high quality standards by collaborating with their agile team members and by leveraging various testing techniques. Test Engineers embrace the planning, design, management, execution and reporting of tests, using appropriate testing tools and techniques while conforming to agreed upon process standards and industry specific regulations.
The goal of testing is to ensure that new and amended systems, configurations, packages, or services, together with any interfaces, perform as specified, and that the risks associated with deployment are adequately understood and documented. Testing includes the process of engineering, using and maintaining testware (test cases, test scripts, test reports, test plans, etc.) to measure and improve the quality of the software being tested.
- Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of existing and new features through both manual and automated testing and use of continuous integration techniques where practical
- Partner closely with the Business Analysts to create acceptance criteria for the user stories. Leverages the acceptance to create tests that can be automated.
- Produces test scripts, materials and regression test packs to test new and amended software or services. Specifies requirements for environment, data, resources and tools.
- Evaluates and plans for regression testing for new releases of 3rd party/cloud based solutions and any Unum specific configurations or customization
- Partners closely with team members to assist with and help drive test automation through all phases of testing (such as unit, system, integration and regression)
- Is an advocate for Quality Assurance best practices across the entire team throughout the deliverables
- Analyzes and reports test activities and results using industry best practices that align with the companies reporting and metrics needs
- Develops test strategies, test plans, test cases, test coverage, and test execution reports to support the Quality Assurance effort in testing features that are part of application and/or solution changes
- Creates and maintains traceability records, from test cases back to requirements.
- Communicates daily with the Scrum Master or Team Lead and the agile team on progress made and planned progress for the coming day; reports any impediments blocking progress
- Participates in sizing and estimation activities within the agile team
- Collaborates with the Team (Business Analysts, Designers, Software Engineers, Architects, etc.) to ensure that the team defines, configures, builds, and produces features and solutions that meet or exceed what the Product Owner is expecting
- Automates testing of software to industry standards
- Create and maintain appropriate test artifacts for the team (Test Plans, Sprint Plans etc.)
- May direct the activities of onshore and offshore testing teams and be accountable for ensuring that they adhere to the teams standards
- Ensures that the latest project progress is known to the agile team by ensuring Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools are up to date and participating in daily standups outlining progress made, progress planned and detailing impediments
- Thinks with the mind of the end customer at all times, ensuring solutions seek to improve the customer experience and delight their customers.
- Bachelors Degree preferred, or equivalent experience
- 2+ yeas of successful performance in the Associate role or equivalent relevant work experience
- Shows evidence of analytical ability
- Takes a logical, analytical approach to problem solving and pays close attention to detail
- Knowledge of Agile Development Methodologies
- Self motivated and results oriented
- Demonstrates strong focus on quality delivery and delighting customers; holds self to high standards of delivery
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong team player; able to work effectively within a team and more broadly with people from a variety of backgrounds and areas across the organization.
- Takes an innovative approach to problem solving
- Test Certifications are preferred (ISTQB certifications, CSM, CSD, CSP)
Our company is built on helping individuals and families, and this starts with our employees. We want employees to maintain a positive balance, which is why we provide access to the benefits and resources they need to invest in themselves. From our onsite fitness facilities and generous paid time off to employee professional development programs, we are committed to helping employees live and work their best – both inside and outside the office.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.