Schedule: Regular Full-time
GENERAL DESCRIPTION/MISSION STATEMENT: The Financial Guide must have a good understanding of patient bills and respond to inquiries related to bills correctly. Must also be able to provide counseling to patients and others involved with the payment of patient bills and other sources that may be available to assist with their bills.
1. Review self pay pre-admissions, day surgery and inpatient.
2. Advise patients of required deposits, payment plans and other options that may be available to them to resolve their bills.
3. Do account follow-up via their work lists by telephone calls and collection letters.
4. Understand Free Care guidelines and assist patients with the preparation of these and ensure that all necessary financial information and a DHS denial is attached.
5. Monitor all credits on self pay accounts with the appropriate disposition; i.e. transfer, adjustment or refund.
6. Review pre bad debt list weekly with appropriate action.
7. Adhere to Service Excellence Initiative.
8. Assist with special projects.
9. Assist with PDCA/Performance Improvement.
10. Know and understand safety guidelines.
11. Update Healthstream classes annually.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. High school or GED diploma.
2. Computer, typing, accounting and general office equipment skills.
3. Excellent verbal, numerical and interpersonal skills.
4. Ability to organize work and meet deadlines.
5.Related work experience up to two years.
Equal Opportunity Employment