Job Posting End Date: 12/08
Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, Unum's financial protection benefits help protect more than 36 million working people and their families from the financial impact of illness or injury. Unum's three distinct, but similarly focused US businesses – Unum US, Colonial Life, and Starmount Life – are each a market leader in making disability, life, accident, critical illness, dental, and vision insurance accessible in the workplace.
Headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee, Unum has significant US operations in Portland, Maine, Worcester, Massachusetts, and Glendale, California with over 35 field offices nationwide. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina with over 40 field offices nationwide. Starmount Life is based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and is the dental and vision center of excellence for Unum in the US.
General Summary:Are you ready join a dynamic organization? Can you bring a fresh perspective to a forward-thinking Fortune 500 company? Come join Unum, the marketplace leader in disability-based products and return to work services. Unum is a company of people serving people. At Unum, our employees truly make a difference, in the lives of our customers, our local communities and in the success of our company.
At Unum, we strive to all together work relentlessly to meet our customers’ needs, celebrate diversity, care for our communities and think of new, different ways to deliver results.
Current we are looking for a Partner Development Consultant who will be responsible for developing strong relationships with existing partner accounts to drive brand loyalty and increase the partner's ability to generate sales for the Individual Disability Insurance (IDI) insurance product. You are responsible for the strategic development of broker franchises within the IDI marketplace.
This individual promotes sales process capabilities within partner accounts and expected to identify IDI sales opportunities. This position requires a balance between driving the IDI Operation’s business objectives and influencing the partner account’s sales & administrative organizations. This role is part of a career path which leads to career advancement in the organization.
We are flexible on location and open to reviewing candidates who are willing to work from one of our home offices (Portland, Worcester, Chattanooga) or Field Sales Offices. We are also open to candidates who are fully remote.
Primary Duties & Accountabilities
- Partner with Home Office Operations, National Marketing Organization and Sales Organization to develop partner organizations and drive an increase in sales in the marketplace.
- Develop strong relationships within partner account organizations to drive brand loyalty and increase partner’s ability to generate sales.
- Develop processes and procedures that can be institutionalized within partner organizations that will lead to the identification of strong IDI opportunities.
- Create, manage, and distribute success metrics through activity and pipeline tracking.
- Deliver performance improvement and benchmark studies.
- Complete ongoing strategic analysis of assigned relationships to identify changes in markets, new trends, and provide up to date programs and appropriate support.
- Leverage business intelligence including industry segmentation, trend analysis, in-depth broker analysis, employer prospecting, etc to identify market growth opportunities.
- Assess local office capabilities and engage local teams to ensure consistent execution using a variety of business intelligence and external trends.
- Participate in meetings and regular calls with sales and service teams to accelerate and maintain focus, communicate results and solicit input on initiatives and strategies.
- Achieve objectives through consultation, negotiations and positioning of Unum offerings within profit and product design guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- 2 + years experience in a sales or service environment preferred.
- Strong relationship development skills and ability to foster a team environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to analyze raw data; ability to produce detailed reports and analysis.
- Strong ability to manage projects including tracking and implementation.
- High level of organization, implementation/execution and project management skills.
- Excellent negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Strong ability to think and implement strategically and tactically.
- Superior ability to communicate, influence and interact effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Meets the standards for this position, as defined in the Talent Management framework.
- Ability to obtain a license to solicit insurance in the states within assigned offices.
- Excellent telephone communication skills: ability to develop relationships with clients over the phone; active listening skills.
- Ability to excel in a highly charged, fast paced environment, handling multiple, often competing priorities.
- Superior interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with demonstrated ability to present a leadership presence with internal and external partners with strong ability to create relationships and be a team player.
- Willingness to travel.
Unum and its family of businesses offer world-class training and development, generous compensation and benefits packages, and a culture built on employee ideas.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.