Join Martin's Point Health Care - an innovative, not-for-profit health care organization offering care and coverage to the people of Maine and beyond. As a joined force of "people caring for people," Martin's Point employees are on a mission to transform our health care system while creating a healthier community. Martin's Point employees enjoy an organizational culture of trust and respect, where our values - taking care of ourselves and others, continuous learning, helping each other, and having fun - are brought to life every day. Join us and find out for yourself why Martin's Point has been certified as a "Great Place to Work" since 2015. The Member Engagement Specialist I has the primary responsibility of interacting and supporting our Health Plan members to ensure customer satisfaction, member loyalty and retention all while maintaining quality and meeting compliance requirements.
- Delivers world-class customer service by upholding the Martin’s Point Culture Statement of People Caring for People, modeling the Martin’s Point Values, and building key relationships with members, contracted brokers, other teams and departments to help promote the success of Martin’s Point Generations Advantage.
- Services all current member needs, telephonically, written, and in-person in accordance with departmental service standards and in accordance with all regulatory requirements. Works with the Member Engagement Specialist II for support when needed, as well as coordinates the resolution of inquiries with other departments at Martin’s Point.
- Performs all administrative activities in relation to Member Engagement.
- Maintains accurate information and documentation in all systems and databases.
- Participates in Member Engagement process improvement events and other projects as assigned
- Mentors new and temporary Member Specialists.
- Acquires market intelligence to inform the content and direction of marketing and plan design
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Post-secondary education preferred
- 2+ years experience in sales/customer service
- Demonstrates an understanding of and alignment with Martin’s Point Values.
- Customer Service- ability to relate to internal and external customers in a positive and professional manner while proactively meeting the customers’ needs and exceeding Martin’s Point quality standards.
- Sales and Marketing Skills- knowledge of principles and methods of promoting and selling products or services, which includes marketing strategy and tactics, sales techniques, and proper use of sales tracking systems.
- Computer skills-Expert knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite, ability to learn and adapt quickly to new applications, and an understanding of telephonic systems, call recording and tracking systems.
- Outstanding telephone and interpersonal skills
- Ability to excel in a fast paced, high stress environment
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task while maintaining focus on department objectives
- Ability to function independently and as a team
- Takes appropriate initiative while soliciting input/advice appropriately
- Prioritizes time and tasks appropriately, efficiently and effectively
- Ability to work collaboratively with other members of the Medicare Department
- Other duties as assigned
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Do you have a question about careers at Martin’s Point Health Care? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org