Temporary/full time position starting May 1, 2023
Assures that all Inventory, Supplies and Equipment are received and/or returned in accordance with proper practices; responsible for monitoring established par levels and maintaining adequate stock in all designated areas; and, is responsible for all outgoing mail and packages.
MDI Hospital and Birch Bay Retirement Village offer a competitive salary, robust medical/dental/vision/life insurance, identity theft protection program, matching retirement plan, ample paid time off, a comprehensive award winning wellness program with reimbursement incentives, generous tuition reimbursement, and continuing education benefits. Some positions may qualify for a sign on bonus and relocation assistance.
MDI Hospital and Birch Bay Retirement Village provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.
Education, Training or Certifications Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- May substitute work experience if continuously more responsible and relevant.
- Must be able to work closely with all authority levels, must be comfortable communicating with all hospital staff in person, via phone or email.
- 3 to 5 years familiarity with shipping, receiving, distribution, and inventory control procedures. Experience must include ERP/MRP system use for receiving and ordering.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Comfortable communicating with and working closely with all authority levels, must be proficient with MS Outlook and must have a pleasant phone manner.
- Emotional maturity and excellent people skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills with very strong attention to detail.
- Must be familiar with computer programs as they relate to purchasing and shipping & receiving.
- Must be capable of routinely lifting and unloading supplies and equipment weighing in excess of 100 pounds using the appropriate and available lifting tools such as pallet jacks, mobile carts and mobile racking systems, seek help for any item that requires multiple people to move. items weighing 50 lbs. to areas on the hospital campus.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time to process shipping/receiving supplies.
- Must be able to walk and push delivery carts for extended periods of time to distribute goods to all departments of the hospital, including clinics and administrative offices in a timely manner.
- Primarily inside work in a temperature and climate controlled environment. Must be able to routinely use stairs to travel between floors of the hospital.
- Also works in an outdoor environment; Loading dock, unloading and sorting incoming packages and equipment deliveries. Walking between the hospital and outlying clinics and administrative offices on a daily basis.