Supportive. Compassionate. Professional.
Kennebec Behavioral Health, named as one of the Best Places to Work in Maine in 2021, 2022 and 2023, is currently seeking a part-time Peer Support Partner (PSP) to join our Homeless Outreach Team in the Kennebec/Somerset county area. This position works as a member of a multidisciplinary team that supports people seeking their best life. This team member would work in the community alongside people developing a mutually supportive connection.
The PSP will use their personal lived experience to support participants and validate every individual’s experience. This lived experience should include a period of homelessness in order to best serve our population. The candidate will advocate with the participants and support them in developing healthy natural supports while finding places to belong in the community.
Apply today to join our team in building a brighter tomorrow!
- Self-identifies as a person with mental health/substance use challenges and is in recovery.
- Must obtain Certified Intentional Peer Support Specialist (CIPSS) certification by the state of Maine within 9 months of hire and maintain certification during employment.
- Volunteer experience at a Peer Center or Group Facilitator. Preference will be given to people who have taken Peer Support 101 training or hold a provisional CIPSS certificate.
- Must have a current driver license and reliable transportation with insurance coverage.
** Please attach a cover letter in the form of your personal story of hope and change.**
Benefits – KBH is an eligible employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) that provides workers with qualifying employment and loan payments federal student debt forgiveness after 10 years or 120 monthly payments.
KBH also offers flexible, competitive compensation and benefits:
- SUPPORTIVE WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- 63.5 CENTS PER MILE TRAVEL REIMBURSEMENT
- CONTINUING EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
- PAID TIME OFF