Grand Rounds is a new kind of healthcare company. Founded in 2011, the company is on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. The Grand Rounds team goes above and beyond to connect and guide people to the highest quality healthcare available for themselves and their loved ones. Grand Rounds creates products and services that give people the best possible healthcare experience. Named a 2019 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and Rock Health’s 2018 Fastest Growing Company, Grand Rounds works with inspiring employers and doctors to empower them to be the change agents we need to make our shared vision a reality.
As a Records Specialist Manager (RSM), you are responsible for leading and inspiring a team that provides amazing care to our patients. You will know all aspects of our collection and indexing processes and must be able to help identify potential issues quickly and work to find solutions. RSM’s are active problem solvers and innovators, always looking for a solution around a roadblock and never settle for “good enough.” You’ll be responsible for developing and growing a team of high performing and highly engaged Records Specialists as well as ensuring a high quality patient experience within our service level agreements.
As healthcare is a quickly evolving and changing industry, you will lead your team through these changes to ensure their ongoing success. Our Records Specialists have a demanding job, but the demands are worth the rewards. This is one of those rare opportunities where your leadership will help save lives, and truly enrich others.
In Your First 30 Days:
- Onboard with Grand Rounds team in (Reno or Lewiston), and engage in internal learning
- Meet with each of your direct reports, assess their capabilities, understand their motivators and report back to your Director
- Explore past employee engagement survey data to gain insight on how to lead and inspire your team
- Learn the process and product; demonstrate proficiency in collecting on Expert Opinion and Office Visit without assistance
- Demonstrate knowledge of proprietary software and other required technology (Google apps, etc)
- Get to know your peers - catch up over lunch, shadow, go to trivia…!
In Your First 60 Days:
- Plan an event for team building
- Demonstrate knowledge of teams performance via KPIs
- Demonstrate ability to use reporting software (Looker) to manage day to day team activities.
- Demonstrate ability to recommend changes to enhance care delivery efficiency while maintaining a high quality of care
- Take ownership of a change, issue or event and drive through to resolution
- Set personal short term and long term goals (>1 year and 3-5 years)
In Your First 90 Days:
- Identify a process (either in Product or outside) that you feel is operationally burdensome and propose a solution to reduce operational overhead
- Demonstrate an ability to skillfully and effectively work with team members across Patient Care, Engineering and Product
- Demonstrate ability to manage an independent project (in addition to day to day duties)
- Own your team’s escalations and show proficiency in resolving.
- Be an active participant of the site’s management team.
- Participate in quarterly people review, leading discussion for team member promotions with justifications as applicable.
- Manage your team’s performance; specifically quality, accordance to established SLAs and KPIs
- Provide accurate reporting with root-cause commentary measuring improvement
- Troubleshoot roadblocks and monitor case movement
- Coach individual development and performance for collective team growth and business impact
- Model a culture reflective of our Core Company Values
- Gain and maintain a thorough understanding of the Records team policies, processes, software, etc...
- Ensure all team members have completed training thoroughly and identify areas that need additional training and performance management
- Collaborate with peers within the Care, Medical, and Expert Engagement teams
- Promote continuous improvement; recommending people, process and tools/software changes to meet or exceed department goals and add value to our customers/patients
- Advance our “Best Place to Work” culture built on trust balanced with performance excellence
- Keep up-to-date on the latest patient/customer support technologies and industry trends to aid in our scaling efforts
- Articulate company and department level goals and how your team can influence
- 7+ years previous supervisory or management experience; healthcare, customer service and/or business to business collection experience strongly preferred
- Experience creating new processes and modifying existing processes to meet business needs
- Proven track record of driving measurable efficiency results
- Demonstrated ability to meet goals in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to forge new relationships with vendors
- Excellent data and overall analytical skills
- A sense of humor. We work hard. So we like to laugh a lot too.
- College degree preferred (Additional experience in lieu of college degree will be considered)
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.