School Finance Personnel Specialist
Category: Human Resources
Location: Central Office - Unity, ME
RSU #3 is seeking a highly qualified School Finance Personnel Specialist to work collaboratively with other central office staff, specifically within the business office. This is a full-time, full-year position.
The Personnel Specialist is responsible for the following:
* Responsible for setting new employees up in the payroll system and maintaining personnel files (including seniority, certifications, trainings, employee leaves,etc.)
* Payroll set up and entry (with assistance from the Payroll Specialist).
* Calculating and distribution of employee deductions to appropriate vendors; including Maine State Retirement, Teacher Association, medical and dental, etc.
* Enters and maintains staff and contracted service providers in the Maine NEO system.
* Assist newly hired personnel in completing payroll paperwork and assist all personnel regarding forms for payroll and benefit changes.
* Orders and maintains background checks for potential and current employees.
* Maintains a substitute list for all schools.
* Completing necessary worker's compensation forms for injured employees and following claims.
* Issue Written Reasonable Assurances to employees for the following school year.
* Responsible for personnel enrollments, changes and discharges to and from payroll, insurance, retirement system, unemployment and other programs that are required or optional for employees.
* Responsible for issuing and maintaining Family Medical Leave requests and reports.
* Responsible for the Multiple Worksite Quarterly Report.
* Responsible for any reporting to the Department of Labor and the Census Bureau.
* Minimum Associates Degree or two years of related work experience.
* Prior school business experience is a plus.
* Skilled in computer programs, such as: data entry, word processing, database, spreadsheets, etc.
* Organized and highly accurate with details.
* Able to work well with members of the public and staff.
* Effective oral and written communication skills.
* Working knowledge of general office procedures, filing and operation of common office equipment.
* References that indicate integrity, loyalty, trust, dependability and a history of keeping confidences.
* Maine Criminal History Record background check certification required for hire.
RSU 3 Central Office
84 School Street
Unity, ME 04988
Phone: 207-948-6136 Option 1