Northern Light A.R. Gould
Department: Food and Nutritn Svcs - LTC-SNF
Position is located:Aroostook Health Center
Work Type: Part Time Eligible
Work Schedule: Variable
The Food Service Worker has duties/responsibilities in the kitchen and on the patient floor areas. The Food Services Worker is responsible for operating the dishwasher, the 3 bay sink or other devices for washing soiled dishware, sweeping/ mopping of floors, removing trash and other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor. The Food Service Worker may be requested to help with stocking and restocking of various items and maintaining above standard cleanliness of these areas. The Food Service Worker is responsible for cleaning and sanitizing kitchen utensils soiled in the process of food preparation, maintaining the cleanliness of the work area for safe, sanitary handling of food, equipment and supplies. This position may be responsible for some simple food preparation tasks as assigned by the Supervisor or Cook in preparation of tray service, participate in the assembly of trays for patient/residents, transport food conveyors to and from the patient floors and bring food trays to the patients on various units.
01. Operates dishwasher or other devices for washing soiled dishware.
02. Cleans and sanitizes kitchen utensils soiled in the process of food preparation.
03. Cleans assigned work areas and equipment.
04. Participates in the assembly of food trays for patients/residents.
05. Transport of food conveyors to and from patient/resident meal sites.
06. Transport of food trays to the patient’s room.
07. May be requested to stocks and restocks various items in the department.
08. Follows State and Federal guidelines for the safe, sanitary handling of food, equipment and supplies.
09. Other work related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
* No Minimum Requirement
* Potential exposure to abusive and/or aggressive people.
* Extend body and limbs to reach items.
* Lifting, moving and loading 30 to 50 pounds.
* Potential exposure to noise levels being uncomfortable.
* Potential exposure to very hot or cold temperatures.
* Continuous walking.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status