Type: Full-time, Hourly
Location: Portland, ME
Tilson is a high growth team of driven professionals with a national practice. We are on a mission to build America’s information infrastructure. We accomplish this with a team of experts working collaboratively on meaningful, impactful projects for great clients. Our team environment fosters intellectual curiosity, motivates employees, and cultivates talented people who work with purpose, mastery and autonomy. We strive to listen to our clients, partner with them as a team, and accept their goals as our own.
Tilson has been recognized on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies in the U.S. for eight years in a row.
We are seeking a Wireless Site Acquisition Specialist with experience in the wireless/real estate industry to oversee and track the permitting and regulatory approvals for sites in a large, wireless deployment for our Small Cell Wireless practice. This position would be responsible for initiating and monitoring the permitting approvals of a large number of wireless sites and keeping accurate site status trackers. This job is based in the Portland, Maine office (remote is possible). Some travel may be required.
- Obtain all municipal permits required for wireless site deployment including wood poles, rooftops, and tower site locations. This will include travelling to municipal offices, meeting with municipal officials.
- Obtain all municipal, county or state right of way approvals as required.
- Knowledge of the leasing process and leasing documents, with the ability to negotiate lease terms and renewals.
- Familiarity with environmental regulations & environmental permitting requirements.
- Understanding of property ownership rights, ability to research registries of deeds, and to digest property records such as deeds and easements.
- Basic knowledge of the utility industry with an understanding of pole licensing, attachment agreements, joint use, grants of location and or franchise agreements. .
- Ability to work with landowners through the permitting and leasing process as necessary
- Coordinate with A&E and Construction vendors
- Ability to analyze land use ordinances and permitting regulations
- Managing the progress of a large number of sites through required regulatory, environmental and/or historic approvals.
- Communicate action items to team members in a timely manner.
- Maintain an up-to-date tracker and internal database, and communicate status to internal team members and stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Review LEs, CDs, ZDs, and permit applications for accuracy and quality.
- Ensure milestones achieved are processed for invoicing in a timely manner.
- Maintain orderly records of all documents.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously through to completion
- Ability to work independently and/or remotely with limited supervision
- Commitment to professionalism and excellence
- Wireless site acquisition experience and/or Real Estate experience required.
- Understanding of the legal concepts relating to real estate, land ownership, land use ordinances, and land use permitting.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent applicable experience
- Experience with Google Earth and ability to learn other mapping applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Willingness to travel within region of responsibility
- Experience with time management, and ability to manage multiple priorities with competing deadlines.
- Strong computer and communication capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively or independently
- Experience with trouble shooting and problem resolution
- Must practice good judgment and take ownership in safety culture
- Valid driver’s license
This is a full-time hourly position with occasional day and overnight travel expected. Evening and weekend hours may be required from time to time in order to meet client needs.
Successful candidates will be required to submit to criminal background check.
Tilson offers a competitive benefits package, including:
- Paid time off
- Healthcare, disability, dental and life insurance benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with automatic company contribution
- Entrepreneurial, highly technical and customer-focused work environment
Our mission is to serve our customers by building, integrating, and maintaining the information technology and communications infrastructure that enables great organizations to innovate and deliver.
Tilson is a world leader in executing information and communications technology projects to build a more connected world. We accomplish this with a team of experts working collaboratively on meaningful, impactful projects for great clients. Our team environment fosters intellectual curiosity, motivates employees, and cultivates talented people who work with purpose, mastery, and autonomy. We strive to listen to our clients, partner with them as a team, and accept their goals as our own.
We will run our business sustainably, for its financial health, its people and the public good. We believe in:
- Safety- above bottom line. Cutting corners is never an option.
- Integrity- we do what is right, even if doing so puts us at a temporary disadvantage.
- Accountability- everyone at Tilson is accountable for the work we do as a whole.
- Professionalism- be trusted by our clients to be their ‘get it done’ team.
- Respect- for our employees, clients, and partners.
- Composure- we are comfortable in chaos and trust that we will always find a way through any challenge.
Tilson is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer
Tilson provides equal opportunity to all employees on the basis of individual qualification without regard to race, sex, religion, color, age, national origin, physical and mental disability, genetic information and history, sexual orientation, or other category protected by state or federal law. Tilson does not discriminate in the recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, benefits, or any other condition of employment.
- Principals only. Recruiters should not contact Tilson.
- No phone calls please.