This position is based in Portland, Oregon or other authorized Avangrid office locations on a Hybrid schedule.
The Candidate reports to the Director of Planning & Processes and is responsible for managing andoverseeing the scheduling team for engineering and construction projects.
The Candidate is managing the planning and scheduling of capital projects from initiationthrough turn-over to operations and other programs requiring a schedule. The position will report directly to the Director of Planning & Processes and will involve close collaboration with all members of the Capital Projects teams to promote and execute effective and efficient methods and means to develop overall project schedules, provide essential milestones and other key metrics forecasts, report on project progress and analyze contractors’schedules.
Schedules and Plans are at the Owner Level and will require schedule integration of various contractors to meetthe project management and reporting needs of Avangrid.
This individual must be a self-starter and able to communicate effectively for needed support and progress of theplanning effort and execution of capital projects, from Development through Turn-over to Operations.
The environment is fast paced, demanding, and has ever-changing needs and priorities that exist inthe renewable energy development business. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, pro-active, organized,enjoys constant challenge, and can work well individually or as part of a team.
Accountabilities for the position of Master Planner/Scheduler include:
- Project, Program and Enterprise level planning and scheduling of projects of appropriate levels for FEL 1through 7 for entire project portfolio.
- Build and lead a team of planner/schedulers for the creation and care of Project and Program level schedules
- Manage schedulers staff and contractors, set priorities for the team to ensure task completion.
- Planning and scheduling of capital projects and project-related operational tasks for communicationand integration to the various stakeholders at all levels in the organization.
- Conduct long term planning & scheduling of all capital project including Wind and Solar Farms, repoweringproject, and Battery Storage.
- Refine and communicate standard Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) for Wind, Solar, Battery Storage andother Avangrid projects as necessary.
- Coordinate and lead Interactive Planning Sessions (IAPs) with Project Teams and Disciplines
- Conduct critical reviews of contractor developed schedules, including Critical Path Methodology (CPM) andprepare Schedule Reports to identify key points, Schedule Health Issues, and areas of concern
- Assist in the development of procedures to assure Planners/Schedulers coordinate with Cost Controllers onassigned projects to forecast cash flows and annual budget information and reporting for EarnedValue management (EVM) and status of Contractor Progress payments.
- Monitor and advise project management on compliance in respect of the project contractual obligations.
- Manage the preparation and tracking of detailed project schedule progress and forecasts.
- Assist the preparation and tracking of detailed annual group budgets and cash flow projections.
- Perform SOX control review and address all deficiencies with necessary remediation plans.
- Identify and evaluate activities aimed at improving organizational or departmental processes.
- Support project management with progress reporting including schedule updates, estimate at completion,variance identification and opportunities for improvement/risk mitigation.
- Inform management of deviations from established processes or schedule updates which may impact businessoutcomes.
- Adhere to effective internal controls.
- Direct, coach, mentor, motivate, and supervise project team members and contractors to take responsibility fortheir quality and punctuality of their assignments.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Participate and contribute effectively to Internal and External Audit, serving as a key participant as issues orquestions arise related to evaluations over internal controls over schedule reporting.
Skills and Requirements
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in capital project planning and scheduling
- Experience in the Renewables Industry (Wind and Solar) is highly desirable
- Primavera P6 or Oracle Primavera Cloud (OPC) experience required, with Primavera Certification preferred
- Proficient in all aspects of scheduling and planning, including managing interactive scheduling and planningsessions with multiple stakeholders
- Able to create a Basis of Schedule, perform Critical Path Methodology and develop/maintain EarnedValue Management (rules of credit/progress)
- Able to communicate effectively with management at all levels from the corporate offices and operating facilities
- Able to act as Owner's scheduler (high-level planning) and to review and analyze Avangrid Contractors'schedules and other Stakeholders
- Good presentation skills for effective communications to facility management and the project managers
- Experience and skills planning multiple projects and coordinating them through their various phases
- The understanding and knowledge of EN/ISO or ASME codes is desirable
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Collaborate and Share
- Be a role model
- Focus to achieve results
- Be agile
- Technical Skills
Our Selection Process
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a medical Fit for Duty exam, background check, references, drug screen, verification of legal right to work in the U.S., and in some cases, a credit check. A credit check will be administered when a prospective employee will be working in Finance, Accounting, Treasury or where duties may involve handling of funds, accounts or cash. A Motor Vehicle (MVR) check will be administered when a prospective employee will be regularly using a company vehicle. Avangrid Renewables is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status or class protected by federal or state law.
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables