Our Portland based Credit management client is looking for mutiple Level 3 Java Developers
A Senior Software Engineer, you will work with a team in the design and development of our technology products by—among other tasks—identifying user needs; studying system flow, data usage and effective work processes; investigating areas of issue and following the software development life cycle. In addition to being a personable, driven team player who is successful in motivating others, you will be a strong individual technical contributor with a solid command of software development tools and techniques who can quickly deliver high-quality code while juggling multiple priorities. As a senior member of the team, you will assist with maintaining a respectful, enjoyable, merit-based team culture, where team members are encouraged to grow and develop their skills. You may be asked to lead others and will regularly exercise your broad software development knowledge as well as dive deeply into the acute details when necessary to deliver usable, robust and scaleable production applications.
- Work with a team of talented developers to maintain and develop new software applications from end-to-end.
- Design simple and elegant functionality balanced to provide a great user experience.
- Investigate, prototype and demonstrate new concepts to your team and drive them through build, test and delivery.
- Evaluate, educate, exhibit and advocate for adoption of new technologies, techniques and ways of thinking.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent preferred.
- 5+ years in a professional software development role or equivalent experience.
- Superior communication skills that enable you to effectively convey ideas and information with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Superior collaboration skills which enable you to positively and effectively interact with co-workers, clients and partners and with the larger Java development community.
- Superior organizational skills for self and team.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines for self and team.
- Works well autonomously and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal and management skills that foster a positive, engaging work environment for all.
- Proven ability to build and maintain client-side and server-side web application code from the ground up.
- Depth and breadth of experience with modern web development and technologies.
- Black-belt in Java: the language, runtime and tools.
- Significant experience developing both user- and system-driven applications.
- Significant experience with automated testing: you enjoy it, can develop test strategies and have framework knowledge.
- Strong decision-making skills as they relate to trade-offs between usability, business risk and maintainability.
- Ability to recognize and acknowledge limitations in yourself and in your team and to quickly fill the gap.
- Consistent ability to propose effective solutions rather than opinions and demonstrated capability to guide your team execute effectively.
- Standards-compliant HTML, CSS, JS (esp. AngularJS)
- Java 8, Spring MVC, Spring Boot (Tomcat), Hibernate (PostgreSQL)
- IntelliJ IDEA
- Linux (esp. CentOS)
- Public Cloud IaaS (esp. Google Cloud Platform)
- Responsive Web Design
- Test Driven Development
- PCI Secure Coding
If you are intreested please apply to find out more!