WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management, and fleet card payment solutions. We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career – come be part of WEX today! Great Place To Work-Certified.
Who Are We?
We are a group dedicated to enabling payments of all sorts. We help individuals pay bills, we help businesses do the same and we even help technology firms move funds at high volumes to facilitate their core capabilities. Our goal is to use our technology to make paying for anything as simple as possible behind the scenes.
Our team is comprised of small, agile development teams focused on building state of the art solutions from the ground up using the best technology available. We focus on cloud-based microservice solutions to help achieve fast, scalable results that allow our business partners the flexibility they need to compete in our competitive market.
Our team of professionals works hard, covers for one another, and maintains a work-life balance. We own our results and we take pride in ownership in everything we do.
We need help!
Changing the world isn’t easy, and we have a lot of work ahead of us. From new product features to automation, to supporting microservices, we’ve got more work than we can handle and we’re looking for great people to come along for the ride.
Who are you?
• A highly motivated engineer who loves working on small, high performing teams.
• Collaborative, a solid communicator, and work well with your team and stakeholders.
• Someone who cares deeply for team results, checks your ego at the door, and takes pride in owning results.
• Are comfortable balancing the need to move fast with the realities of working in a highly regulated space like payments
• Are a strong practitioner of infrastructure as code
• Pick up new technology and switch between tech stacks with a minimum of fuss
• Are comfortable working on cloud-based infrastructure components such as networking, load balancers, servers, access lists, databases, storage, etc.
• Are a solid architect/designer
• Have experience writing modern infrastructure deployed in the cloud
• Are comfortable with infrastructure-as-code software and the automation of infrastructure delivery
• Have worked on agile teams to deliver software iteratively
At a minimum, you
• Have a BS in an engineering field OR can make us feel intensely confident that you don’t need one
• Have 3+ years of development and/or DevOps automation experience using AWS
• Have 2+ years of experience developing infrastructure as code and automating/optimizing processes, using tools like AzureDevops, Chef, Docker, and terraform.
• Have a demonstrable working understanding of at least one cloud hosting platform
• Have a demonstrable working understanding of infrastructure-as-code software
It would be nice if you
• Can show us one or more passion projects or open-source work you have contributed to in your own time
• Have experience with Python or Terraform.
• Have demonstrable experience with systems engineering and automation