MEMIC’s Summer Internship Program is 11 weeks filled with meaningful work, learning sessions and networking opportunities. Our goal is to help prepare our interns for their future careers by providing them with hands on experience related to their field of study. This is a paid internship and students can receive credit toward their degree. The program will begin on June 1st and end on August 14th. This internship will be full-time (37.5 hours per week).
The IT Quality Assurance Intern should be someone interested in the Quality Assurance aspect of software development or developing familiarity with Quality Assurance as it pertains the software development lifecycle. The intern will take part in the common practices around software testing including manual and automation testing as skill allows. The IT Quality Assurance Intern will work on various projects as needed and be paired with a Quality Assurance Analyst for a given project. Development skills are not required, however, if an intern is interested in exploring automation testing, he/she can get some experience scripting tests, updating scripts, executing tests, and analyzing test results.
- Attends meetings with a Quality Assurance Analyst regarding test project requirements, scope, and schedules.
- Reviews requirement documentation and writes test cases for the requirements.
- Tests case execution using the test management tool and records test results.
- Identifies defects (bugs) and enters them in the test management system with appropriate detail.
- Based on skill level, assists with some scripting or execution of automated tests using VBScript.
- Assists with creation of test status reports and metrics charts using Excel and PowerPoint.
- Assists with general documentation as needed.
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree. We will consider all degree areas if a student is interested in breaking into IT.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Interest in software development, quality assurance or automation testing.
- Must have the ability to report, analyze and communicate test results.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be self-disciplined with the initiative to work independently and know when to ask for help or clarification.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Must have strong communication skills.
MEMIC is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetics, gender identity, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.