Motivational Services is looking for a qualified candidate to enhance, maintain and oversee the Accounts Receivable and Purchasing operations of the agency, assuring that activities are recorded in compliance with Federal and State accounting policies as well as generally accepted accounting principles. Provides assurance that all Agency revenues are identified and recorded accurately, and that the necessary steps are taken to ensure timely collection. Orders and distributes all Agency supplies as requested.
· Provides effective, unobtrusive support and/or assistance to co-workers, management, customers, and others in all areas of immediate responsibility assuring that all requests and inquiries are responded to in a prompt, courteous and professional manner consistent with the Agency’s Mission and Statement of Values
· Prepares A/R invoices and adjustments for review and approval by the Controller or designee as necessary; assures that adequate and accurate documentation exists for all billing, adjustments, or change. Inputs all A/R transactions into the accounting system.
· Routinely monitors accounts receivable aging and manages collections of delinquent accounts; performs account analysis and review; negotiates payment arrangements and monitors those agreements for compliance
· Reviews trial balance monthly, noting discrepancies and preparing monthly adjusting journal entries for review by Controller or designee as necessary
· Responsible for month- and year-end reports for the A/R module; performs closing procedures as required.
· Carries out general purchasing functions for administration and programs as needed, on-line orders, fax and email.
· Maintains record of status of ordered supplies and notifies requestors of order fulfillment.
· Maintains Access database for all Agency inventory including new items purchased as well as items being disposed of.
· Must be able to lift 25-35 pounds, frequent bending.
· Responsible for front desk coverage in the absence of Office Coordinator.
· All other duties as assigned
AS Degree in Accounting or Business or equivalent and 2 years of related experience; computerized accounting and spreadsheet experience; ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.65 - $20.14 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: In person