At Wipfli, people count
The way you think makes you different. At Wipfli, we embrace that.
Our inclusive culture provides a space for everyone to have a voice. Our growing number of DEI resource groups celebrate diversity and champion awareness throughout Wipfli.
We’re also focused on helping you achieve success with balance. From hybrid schedules and flexible time off to training programs and mental wellness initiatives, we take care of our team.
If you want to be in an environment where you can grow, feed your curiosity and make a difference, Wipfli is the place for you.
- Responsible for managing and coordinating tax compliance and advisory work for clients
- Review federal forms 990 and 990T and state charitable returns
- Lead client relationships on day to day tax matters supporting partners with service execution and development of extended services
- Research and consult on technical matters and special projects
- Proactively build relationships and communicate effectively with the client to provide superior client service
- Actively participate in business development efforts to include working collaboratively with partners and marketing professionals to target and build relationships with client prospects
- Manage, train and develop staff. Participate in the performance review process
- Attain a thorough technical competency and industry specific expertise through CPE, firm/industry group events, webinars, etc.
- Review tax-related information to include tax provisions, depreciation schedules, property tax returns, etc.
- Lead multi-disciplined client service teams for account planning
- Prepare and review client correspondence (letter, e-mail, etc.)
- Actively participate in firm sponsored events for industry-specific and/or regional clients and prospects
- Requires a Bachelors Degree in Accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- CPA certification, or progress towards obtaining, preferred in the respective state in which they are practicing
- Requires at 3+ years of job related experience
- Nonprofit experience required
- Requires prior accounting and/or tax experience
- Subject matter leader in similar accounting and/or tax services
- Management and/or mentoring experience with other staff members
- Experience making recommendations to management
- Prior public accounting experience desired
Wipfli is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All candidates will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identify, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.
- Generous parental leave
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401(K) matching and profit share
- Performance bonus
- Flexible work schedule and vacation policy