Join an innovative Healthcare company and consider joining Martin's Point's mission to create a community of healthy people through authentic relationships and trust. "People caring for people". Our vision is that we are trusted for care, chosen for service and uniting the community in affordable healthcare. We were chosen as one of the TOP 5 healthcare companies in the country.
Nurse Practitioners work collaboratively with all members of the care team providing world class service to both the patients and staff of Martin’s Point. Nurse Practitioners (NP) with current license and DEA#, and who are granted clinical privileges, are expected to provide the medical services necessary to attend to the medical needs of each patient. The NP may perform those diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for which he or she had been granted privileges by the Medical Executive Committee, under the guidance of the Practice Medical Director and/or primary supervising physician, though the primary supervising physician need not necessarily be present at the time the procedures are performed. The NP will communicate directly with his or her supervising physicians, medical staff members, nursing staff and other members of the health care team to coordinate patient care requirements.
The Nurse Practitioner generally does the following; within the scope of his/her supervisory/alternative supervisory physician:
- Elicits a detailed and accurate history, performs an appropriate physician examination, identifies problems, and records and presents pertinent data in a meaningful manner. Creates a treatment plan and implements components including prescribing of medication.
- Performs or interprets, within their scope of training, routine diagnostic studies, including routine laboratory procedures, common radiologic studies, and electrocardiographic tracings.
- Within the limits of professional training and approved privileges, performs therapeutic procedures, including, but not limited to, injections, immunizations, wound care, incision and drainage of superficial infections, treatment of verrucae, follow-up of simple fractures, removal of splinters and simple laceration repairs.
- Instructs, counsels, and prescribes for patients regarding physical and mental health, including proper diet, disease prevention, therapy, normal growth and development, family planning, situational adjustment reactions, and other health care matters.
- Within the scope of approved privileges, and in consultation with the primary supervising physician, may assist in inpatient settings by performing patient rounds, recording patients' progress notes, determining and implementing therapeutic plans with the supervising or alternative supervising physician, and compiling and recording pertinent case summaries.
- Assists in the delivery of services to patients requiring continuing care in homes, nursing homes, and extended-care facilities, including reviewing and monitoring treatment and therapy plans.
- Performs independent evaluation and therapeutic procedures essential for appropriate response to life-threatening situations.
- Facilitates the appropriate referral of patients and maintains awareness of the community's health facilities, agencies and resources.
- Prescriptive practice for NPs under medical delegation includes prescribing and dispensing schedules II, III, IIIN, IV, and V substances and all legend drugs.
- As assigned, provides care to patients in all Martin's Point Health Care facilities and After Hours Clinic per most current contract agreements.
- Collaborate with physician supervisor to work within the appropriate delegation of medical tasks established in MPHC’s Plan of Supervision.
- Document capability and continued competency for privileges granted by the Medical Executive Committee.
- Participates in daily huddles and regular team meetings to improve workflows and contribute to improving patient population outcomes.
- Performs other duties as requested or required by the Practice Medical Director.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Successful completion of an approved Nurse Practitioner program.
Required License(s) and/or Certification(s) :
- State Registered Nurse
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse license
- ANA Board certification (ANCC or AANP)
- BLS Certified
- DEA License
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practice and medical care to give and evaluate patient care.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
- Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of nurse practitioners to provide ongoing patient care.
- Skill in taking medical history to assess medical condition and interpret findings.
- Skill in preparing and maintaining records, writing reports, and responding to correspondence.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, and the public.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
Do you have a question about careers at Martin’s Point Health Care? Contact us at: email@example.com