Northern Light Mayo Hospital
Department: Operating Room
Position is located: Mayo Hospital
Work Type:Full Time
Work Schedule:7:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Assists in nursing care and preparation of surgical patient by performance of routine and delegated duties according to standards, policies and delegated duties of the hospital and department. Performs scrub duties and related procedures. Performs housekeeping duties as necessary and assists in maintenance of all supplies. Provides assistance in emergency procedures as well as elective and scheduled cases. Assists in preparation, transportation and supervision of patients. Maintains education in surgical, operating room, and related aspects of nursing care.
- Pro-actively assists others, and works as part of a team.
- Contributes to a positive atmosphere where co-workers can develop skills and abilities to the fullest potential.
- Precepts and mentors new staff and students.
- Attends work and utilizes PTO program in accordance with policy.
- Assists surgeon as scrub nurse according to prescribed standards.
- Plan developed with room team to provide proper and efficient care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of units quality goals and process improvement measures.
- Recognizes unsafe working conditions and offers appropriate corrective actions.
- Helps with inventory control.
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt to an ever changing patient care environment.
- Seeks opportunities for professional growth.
CST certification or must have within one year of hire.
Must have graduated from an accredited Surgical Technologist program
* Potential exposure to abusive and/or aggressive people.
* Potential exposure to diseases or infections.
* Potential exposure to hazardous materials.
* Lifting, moving and loading 20 to 30 pounds.
* Continuous standing.
* Continuous walking.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status