Are you curious about working at a technology startup? Are you data-driven and ready for a hands-on, high-impact internship? If so, don’t miss this opportunity to join a fast-growing B2B software company disrupting the global manufacturing technology market from Portland, Maine. This is an exciting role for an undergraduate or postgraduate student with a focus on data analytics, business administration, or marketing who is hungry to learn and grow in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
As a Business Data Analyst Intern at HighByte, you will be responsible for working across departments and within HubSpot, the company’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform, to gather data and create reports that generate insights and improve data-driven decision making across the business. You will meet with department leaders and end users across sales, marketing, and success to understand reporting needs and build multi-object custom reports. Your work will enable the business to better visualize sales velocity, deal stage conversion rates, marketing contribution to the sales pipeline, marketing ROI, and the customer journey.
The internship is 10 to 12 weeks in duration, beginning at the end of May and concluding at the end of August. At the end of the internship, you will present the outcome and impact of your internship, as well as your recommendations for the business as a result of the insights you’ve generated.
Example Projects & Responsibilities
- Collaborate across departments to audit, refine, add, and purge HubSpot reports
- Develop and systematize standard reporting and dashboards
- Provide recommendations on how to improve customer acquisition and identify target accounts and industries by combining historical and market data
- Build the ideal customer profile for success and expansion based on industry, demographics, technographics, geography, and other available profile data
- Benchmark conversion rates for all stages of the customer journey
- Provide recommendations on how to improve lead scoring and the marketing-to-sales handoff process
- Analyze marketing nurture workflows and sales sequence performance to help shorten sales cycle and increase close rate
- Optimize acquisition spend and marketing strategies to drive growth
- Recommend automation and best practices for ongoing data hygiene
- Complete an ecosystem benchmarking study that compares HighByte to other companies in our ecosystem based on factors like estimated revenue, company size, growth rate, positioning, technical capabilities, pricing model, funds raised, investors, social following, marketing sophistication, and strategic partnerships
- Data segmentation, organization, analysis, and visualization
- CRM data reporting and dashboards
- Excellent problem-solving skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Curious and eager to learn
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and process oriented
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate college or university degree program
- Exposure building reports with large data sets through classwork or projects
- Demonstrated proficiency with analyzing and presenting data in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint ?
- Interested in analytics and manufacturing technology products and trends
- Compensation of $20/hour
- Comprehensive onboarding, training, and mentoring that will help you get the most out of your experience
- Valuable startup experience
- A comfortable, modern work environment and amenities in Portland, Maine
For more information on the company and team at HighByte, please visit us on The Org.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of every responsibility associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position’s activities and requirements, HighByte reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Veterans and immigrants are encouraged to apply.