The Knox Center is conveniently located in historic Rockland, Maine. Victorian homes dot the tree-lined streets, children play in a park next door, the public library is just around the corner and the ocean is a short walk away. In addition to providing the highest standard of care, we aim to offer complete comfort and safety for our patients and their families. Come join our team!
Responsible to deliver excellent quality care to patients/residents on assigned unit as directed by the Charge Nurse as prescribed by the patients/residents' plans of care.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: High school graduate is strongly preferred. Must obtain at least 24 hours of education every two years including topics relevant to administration of medications.
- License/Certifications: Completion of approved CNA program. CNA certification. Completion of approved training program for medication assistants. Certificate from approved CNA-M program. BCLS Certification.
- Experience: At least one year's experience in either Medical Surgical Nursing, Long Term Care, including Dementia Care and/or Skilled Care or Home Care setting preferred. To qualify for the per diem rate, per diem CNA-M's must have at least 2 years of relevant experience and cannot be currently employed by the Pen Bay Healthcare system in a benefited position.
- Must maintain current on CNA Registry.
- Ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks, and communicate with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to work with persons affected by a wide variety of physical and cognitive deficits.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.