Job Posting End Date: 04/25
Our Fortune 500 company is driving a digital transformation and looking for forward-thinking innovators to disrupt how our industry thinks about and uses technology. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers, we help millions of people gain affordable access to benefits that help them protect their families, their finances and their futures.
Are you an asker of questions, a solver of problems, and a challenger of the status quo? Our mission is to provide a differentiated customer experience and exceed the expectations people have of technology at any company — not just insurers.
We are seeking individuals to join our team of talented IT professionals who share never-ending passion and an unwavering focus on our customer experience. Team members comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced, and delivery-focused environment thrive in our environment where we value an entrepreneurial spirit and those who challenge the status-quo.
Unum is changing, and we’re excited about what’s next. Join us.
General Summary:General Summary
Our Digital Leadership Development Program provides associates with the opportunity to rotate through challenging and fulfilling work assignments, effective professional and personal development programs, and attractive career growth opportunities. This program serves as a foundation for movement into senior and leadership roles within our Digital Transformation & Information Technology organization and the broader company.
Duties and Responsibilities
Launch your career at a company that gives you the opportunity to explore the ever-evolving digital space through a robust, multi-year rotational program. During your three 12-month rotations, you'll gain exposure in up to four areas within Unum's Digital Transformation and Information Technology organization. Our program's curriculum will allow you to expand your technical acumen through various training sessions, certifications, projects and meaningful work experience. In addition, you'll grow your career through a variety of professional development opportunities, networking events and mentorship. As a program associate, you will become fully immersed in the company culture and all it has to offer. This program will prepare you to be a high-level contributor at Unum, whether your interests align to technical or people leadership.
Rotation Opportunities: AI and machine learning, user experience, big data, infrastructure, cyber security, cloud-based technology, mobile & portal development, integration & growth platforms
- Strong technical acumen, leadership, and experience demonstrated through class projects, work experience, internships, student organizations, etc.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in a computing or technical-related field
- Minimum 3.3 cumulative GPA
- Proficient in at least one or more software development language(s)
- Strong analytical, communication & organizational skills
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Willingness to challenge status quo
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem solving and strong analytical reasoning skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Able to work independently within established timeframes
- Ability to think strategically and respond tactically in a dynamic environment
- Well organized and able to handle multiple priorities at one time
- Strong ability to influence, persuade, and negotiate with others
Life at Unum
· Generous paid time off plan
· Tuition reimbursement
· Student debt relief program
· 401(k) match program
· Annual bonus incentive plan
· Community service opportunities
· Diversity & inclusion programs
· Workplace flexibility and modern workplace environment
· On-site fitness centers, cafeterias, and coffee shops
· Sit/stand desks and walking work stations
Our company is built on helping individuals and families, and this starts with our employees. We want employees to maintain a positive balance, which is why we provide access to the benefits and resources they need to invest in themselves. From our onsite fitness facilities and generous paid time off to employee professional development programs, we are committed to helping employees live and work their best – both inside and outside the office.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.