When you join the team at Unum, you become part of an organization committed to helping you thrive.
Here, we work to provide the employee benefits and service solutions that enable employees at our client companies to thrive throughout life’s moments. And this starts with ensuring that every one of our team members enjoys opportunities to succeed both professionally and personally. To enable this, we provide:
- Award-winning culture
- Inclusion and diversity as a priority
- Performance Based Incentive Plans
- Competitive benefits package that includes: Health, Vision, Dental, Short & Long-Term Disability
- Generous PTO (including paid time to volunteer!)
- Up to 9.5% 401(k) employer contribution
- Mental health support
- Career advancement opportunities
- Student loan repayment options
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work environments
*All the benefits listed above are subject to the terms of their individual Plans.
And that’s just the beginning…
With 10,000 employees helping more than 39 million people worldwide, every role at Unum is meaningful and impacts the lives of our customers. Whether you’re directly supporting a growing family, or developing online tools to help navigate a difficult loss, customers are counting on the combined talents of our entire team. Help us help others, and join Team Unum today!
General Summary:Come build a world class team of data scientists with cross- discipline partnerships with other functional areas across Finance, Marketing, and Operations. The Unum Decision Technologies (UDT) team is at the forefront of transforming Unum into a data driven company. The Director, Digital Transformation is responsible for leading and delivering strategic and large-scale digital transformation solutions with the goal of achieving a superior experience for customer and operational effectiveness. The Director, Digital Transformation will input into strategic decisions while also leading the execution of digital change. This role will ensure that solutions being considered align with the strategic direction of the company and are of high quality and will result in a significant financial ROI for the assigned functional area. This role collaborates with teammates to construct statistical insights and models, and with ML/AI engineers to build and implement solutions. This role may serve as a manager to a small team of transformation professionals and/or will help coach and develop lower-level peers.The Director, Digital Transformation requires extensive technology, analytical, leadership and business knowledge to effectively transform the business. This is a hybrid position located in Atlanta (Sandy Springs), GA, Chattanooga TN, or Portland, ME.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent relevant business experience. Master’s degree is a plus.
- 8+ years of experience delivering value to customers through problem solving, analytics, and/or digital assets, or equivalent relevant experience. Management consulting is a plus.
- Proven understanding of driving Digital Transformation through customer adoption, user experience labs, marketing campaigns, etc.
- Experience in leading and building a change culture with stakeholder management, Operational readiness & buy-in with strong communication.
- Experience delivering data and/or digital-based solutions that have a direct impact on customer experience.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships with peers and business partners across the corporation.
- Experience building and presenting complex cost-benefit analysis to obtain buy-in from senior leaders for company investment.
- Proven results focusing on quality delivery and delighting customers; holds self to high standards of delivery.
- Highly collaborative team player with demonstrated ability to be flexible, diplomatic, persistent, and energetic.
- Demonstrate proven experience in project delivery and risk management of large, complex initiatives, preferably integration, big data, and analytics projects.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking ability with a strong understanding of Agile methods.
- Able to combine an understanding of business capabilities, business processes, and technology solutioning expertise.
- Strong skills in conducting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative research and turning the results into actionable recommendations.
- Ability to think and execute at both a strategic and operational level.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Play a key leadership role in technology and process assessment of an assigned organization and present digital solution recommendations to senior leaders.
- Responsible for defining business capabilities, decomposition of said capabilities into further levels of detail, capability gap analysis and capability maturity models and progression thereof
- In close partnership with the Product Owners, provide direct input into long term technology and digital roadmap strategy for the assigned functional area to ensure that solutions align with company strategy and will have a significant impact on operational readiness, customer experience and financial ROI.
- Create business plans for assigned projects including the development of complex financial cost benefit modeling.
- Research, analyze and synthesize significant amounts of information to quantify and identify business opportunities and issues.
- Leverage broad business and transformational subject matter expertise to design digital solutions that align with strategic objectives, support business goals and delivery efficiency gains to reduce costs to operational areas while improving the experience for our customers.
- Simplify and reimagine processes to create transformational experiences through digital assets.
- Develop and implement change management plans while also acting as a champion of change leading organizations through digital oriented transformations.
- Independently conduct complex quantitative and qualitative analysis of both the external marketplace trends as well as existing internal processes to recommend and influence actional recommendations.
- Constantly operate with a customer centric mindset and ability to analyze most important components of customer engagement that can help drive business solutions and improve customer experience.
- Lead and drive large transformational projects with a focus on utilizing data driven analysis to drive outcomes that will improve customer experience and operational readiness for digital solutions.
- Leveraging complex data models to tell a story, effectively present and influence senior leaders on innovative digital solution recommendations.
- Serve as a transformational leader by mentoring lower-level transformational specialists and at times directly managing a small team of professionals.
- Through strong commercial awareness, identifies and recommends opportunities to leverage digital based technology solutions to improve business performance and improve customer experience.
- Maintain strong knowledge of emerging external trends in digital technology solutions.
- Provides leadership, direction and integration of activities across multiple teams to ensure successful execution.
- Provides visibility for and coordinates dependencies across multiple teams (within and outside of assigned organization).
- Identifies, proposes and initiates process improvement activities within the organization.
- Owns and drives opportunities that will have a measurable effect on operational effectiveness.
- Identifies, analyzes and deploys appropriate management strategies for the risks associated with projects. Monitors risks as their proximity, likelihood and impact evolve and modifies plans for their management appropriately.
- Establishes strong, effective, and collaborative partnerships with key business area leaders to identify specific business opportunities, address business needs or problems, and help build effective solutions.
- Collaborate with Product Owners and IT development professionals, while managing across journey and technical dependencies to deliver value.
- Coordinate with other Project Managers and business units, to ensure appropriate resource allocations are in place to support the business goals.
- Own and support department vendor relationships and management
- Manages, tracks and reports, both written and verbal program updates appropriate for various levels of stakeholders, including executive levels.
- Act as the champion for the team and highlight achievements regularly across various internal channels.
Unum and Colonial Life are part of Unum Group, a Fortune 500 company and leading provider of employee benefits to companies worldwide. Headquartered in Chattanooga, TN, with international offices in Ireland, Poland and the UK, Unum also has significant operations in Portland, ME, and Baton Rouge, LA - plus over 35 US field offices. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, SC, with over 40 field offices nationwide.
The base salary range for applicants for this position is listed below. Unless actual salary is indicated above in the job description, actual pay will be based on skill, geographical location and experience.$109,100.00-$213,300.00
Additionally, Unum offers a portfolio of benefits and rewards that are competitive and comprehensive including healthcare benefits (health, vision, dental), insurance benefits (short & long-term disability), performance-based incentive plans, paid time off, and a 401(k) retirement plan with an employer match up to 5% and an additional 4.5% contribution whether you contribute to the plan or not. All benefits are subject to the terms and conditions of individual Plans.