Director of Strategic Planning Management and Leadership Development
The Maine Community College System (MCCS) is seeking a full-time Director of Strategic Planning Management and Leadership Development. This Confidential position reports directly to the MCCS President and is entrusted to copartner with the President and provide the President with strategies to oversee and sentry all strategic planning, initiatives, and ongoing support. Overall, the employee in this position will have main responsibilities of:
- Strategic planning oversight, monitoring, and reporting.
- Coordination of leadership development programs.
- Oversight, management, and feedback on Innovation Fund projects.
- Support, planning and oversight of the Dirigo Summit and corollary programs.
- Oversight and leadership of the Institutional Research Department.
- Implementation and oversight of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion strategies.
This position will be located at one of our seven college locations or the System Office in Augusta. The location may be determined by mutual agreement and could be subject to change. Periodic travel is required to all MCCS locations.
This position is classified as confidential employee, level 7. MCCS offers a full suite of employee benefits including health, dental, vision and life insurance, retirement savings, flexible savings accounts, employee assistance program, tuition waivers, 529 education plan MCCS matching grant and paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
The minimum qualifications include:
- Master’s Degree plus 4 to 7 years of directly related work experience required. Previous senior-level management experience required. Work experience in Higher Education preferred.
The knowledge, skills and abilities required, but not limited to, are:
- Strong problem solving, judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to monitor and measure goals and objectives.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strategic capability and thinking skills.
- Ability to effectively build and maintain relationships.
- Ability to travel to all seven college locations and the System Office in Augusta.
For more information about this opportunity and others, please click APPLY. Please upload your cover letter, current resume/CV, including names and contact information for three professional references, when you complete the online application.
Search will remain open until the position is filled.
MCCS is an Equal Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and nondiscriminatory environment for all employees. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. For more information, please contact the MCCS Affirmative Action Office at 629-4000. TTY Dial Maine Relay 711