The City of Waterville is currently accepting applications for the position of Career
WFD is hiring for one (1) position.
Requirements for the Career Firefighter/Driver position include:
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Maine Emergency Medical Technician Basic License. AEMT or Paramedic preferred.
*Maine State or Proboard Firefighter I. Proboard Firefighter II preferred.
* Valid driver’s license, with ability to obtain a Class B commercial driver’s license
* Experience in firefighting and/or EMS
* Selected applicants must pass a department assessment center which includes a physical agility course, a written test, practical stations, an extensive background check, physical evaluation, and psychological screening.
Candidates will be required to obtain an Advanced EMT license within 2 years of hire.
Please provide copies of the following documents with your application:
* Letter of Intent
* High school diploma or
* Current Maine Emergency Medical Technician Basic License
Maine State or Proboard Certified Firefighter I certificate
* Valid driver’s license
Additional fire/EMS certifications and/or formal education documentation
Applications (both printable and electronic) may be obtained online at http://www.waterville-me.gov/humanresources/job-appli cationsresumes/.
Applications are due by
September 24th, 2021
at 4:00 pm to:
Human Resources, 6 Wentworth Court, Waterville, Maine 04901.
Applicants will be selected to participate in the hiring assessment center to be determined at a later date. Candidates chosen to participate will be invited to an assessment center scheduled for June 4th, 2021. An informational package will then be forwarded to the applicants in preparation for the assessment center. A Chief’s interview will be established for the top candidates at a date to be determined. A candidate list may be maintained for future openings.
The City of Waterville is an equal opportunity employer and encourages minorities to apply.