Director of Operations – Event Rental Company
Direct Hire South Portland, Maine
Our client, an event rental company with multiple locations in Maine, is seeking a Director of Operations to work out of their South Portland location.
- Location: South Portland, Maine
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #18870
The Director of Operations manages schedules for current and upcoming business. The DO schedules and dispatches delivery employees including Project Managers, Foremen, Field Supervisors, and crew; and assigns appropriate vehicles and equipment to each crew for the current day. They manage the location and schedule for all operations employees daily.
- Creates the daily/weekly/monthly operational schedules
- Supports and supervises Project Managers and Field Foremen in their communications with customers to ensure successful deliveries and site operations
- Oversees operational equipment and use
- Supervises warehouse manager and all warehouse operations at headquarters and satellite facilities
- Coordinates communication throughout the company and approves contracts and plans
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the company’s Point of Rental software and routinely uses this tool to manage contracts
- Provides overview and details regarding daily work plans for foremen and crew leaders, explains plan strategies and walks-through site plan diagrams
- Receives completed delivery/pickup contracts; reviews them line by line with the responsible employee to flag issues or add key notes
- Checks in with Project Managers and Field Foremen throughout the day to receive updates and authorize any necessary changes in schedule or delays to all relevant parties
- Delegates duties to, and develops the skills of the Assistant Operations Manager; communicates regularly with the AOM to keep them informed, updated, and ready to perform all duties of the Operations Manager
- Maintains a professional and positive attitude at all times while working with customers and crew members
- Performs other duties as assigned by the General Manager or Assistant General Manager
This senior management position usually requires a five- or six-day work week (50-60 hours) for the busy half of the year.
The Director of Operations needs to be the first operations employee on-site each day to set the team up for success. This position participates in the on-call rotation and may be required to work overnight or weekend hours when on-call.
- Expert inventory management and software skills.
- Extensive logistical and transportation experience
- Strong employee management skills
Successful candidates will quickly gain the institutional knowledge and skills required to regulate daily operations and make decisions quickly in a fast-changing environment. They will constantly demonstrate professional customer service skills.