The Network Engineer will be responsible for supporting complex networking solutions that include highly secure and dynamic networks on an enterprise level. The incumbent will analyze business needs; support, evaluate and recommend network solutions on one or multiple platforms in a LAN/WAN or Cloud Architecture environment.
- Physically Installs, cables and configures hardware and software in a Cisco network.
- Evaluates, installs, configures, and maintains network services, equipment and devices.
- Administers servers and server clusters relating to network solutions.
- Documents network problems and resolution for future reference.
- Monitors and reports on system performance and implements performance tuning.
- Ensures that all local, state and federal laws and regulations are followed.
- Responsible for MEMIC WAN/LAN Support.
- Manages and supports F5 Load Balancing Environment.
- Produces professional project plans for recommended network improvements, upgrades, and repairs. This would include scheduling resources and back out plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field with a minimum of three years’ experience or an equivalent combination of work and education experience required.
- Network centric certifications preferred (CCNA, Network+, etc).
- Must have experience supporting enterprise grade networking concepts (routing, switching, etc).
- Experience with Cisco voice and UCC solutions, including SIP and CUBE technology.
- Experience with Firewall solutions, with Cisco ASA and Firepower solutions a plus.
- Exposure and understanding of Information Security policies and practices to include knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws a must.
- Team facilitation skills are a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication, verbal and written skills a must.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to be self-motivated.
- Strong customer service and presentation skills.
MEMIC is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetics, gender identity, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.