Schedule: Regular Full-time
Hours: 1300 to 22:30, Variable Days and Weekends
Northern Light Laboratory mission is to enhance the clinical care delivery systems within EMHS by providing cost-effective, integrated support services for EMHS members; pursuing profitable, sustainable growth opportunities in both healthcare and non-healthcare markets; and creating and delivering new products and services that provide a tangible direct benefit to Northern Light Health.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma/GED.
• Must have experience in specimen procurement through completion of a comprehensive Phlebotomy training program-including a clinical externship, or equivalent educational experience and on the job experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Maintains harmonious work relationships.
• Complies with policies/procedures
• Completes assigned duties within designated time
• Focus on a culture of safety, maintaining excellence in quality customer service and patient care.
• Ability to communicate clearly and courteously with patients, clients, and co-workers, by telephone or in person. Deals with problems in a calm, professional manner.
a) Must maintain a professional courteous, respectful, cooperative and positive nature when dealing with patients, clients, physicians, etc. Must be willing to provide the highest level of customer service.
b) Communicates effectively to each other and to the supervisor; provides constructive feedback in regard to improvement in our ability to meet the goals of the shift/department/laboratory or organization as a whole.
All Northern Light Laboratory positions require flexibility, regular attendance, the understanding that position responsibilities may vary at times, the need to be receptive to additional responsibilities that may be reasonably assigned by the Supervisor and the knowledge that processes are subject to change per organizational growth. To Help Northern Light Laboratory achieve its mission of service by carrying out position responsibilities in a most competent, professional and caring manner.
• Visual acuity to include color, depth perception and field of vision with or without correction.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with others, to include phone and electronic equipment
• Sufficient auditory function to hear phones, pages, instrument and/or system alarms and verbal communications.
• May be subject to sitting or standing for prolonged periods of time.
• Moderate lifting (up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds frequently, and/or 10 pound constantly.
• Sitting, standing, stooping, reaching, bending, walking, stretching, grasping, repetitive motions.
• A busy, often times dynamic work environment
• Location – indoor, climate controlled, laboratory, hospital or facility setting.
• Clean, well-lighted surroundings
• May have extensive computer/phone use
• Close proximity to co-workers
• Time sensitive service standards
• Maybe expose to hazardous and infectious materials and offensive odors
Equal Opportunity Employment