This Senior Manager – Technical Project manager position, which reports to the Director of Programs & Projects within Operational Smart Grids, will lead cross-functional projects and programs on behalf of the Affiliates of Avangrid Networks with objectives to successfully implement timely and cost-effective technical initiatives.
This position will reside within a team of Sr. Technical Program / Project Managers, Project Managers, and Project Management Office (PMO) professionals that focus primarily on large, complex, multi-year Networks projects. The current range of projects include but are not limited to: NY and UI Common Gas SCADA, UI ABB System Upgrade, NY AMI/CRM-B, NY HW & SW Refresh, ADMS, and Advanced Analytics & Data Governance.
Dependent on project assignments, intermittent travel to NY, ME, CT, or MA will be required.
Leads the development of project / program scope, schedule, design, execution, and transition to day-to-day operations.
Provides expertise, direction, and immediacy of key decision making. Coaches, guides, and holds team members accountable. Resolves disputes.
Leads cross-functional teams of internal and external resources and hosts regular project / program status meetings.
Conducts technical workshops to identify functional system requirements.
Generates and leads the execution of Testing and Training plans.
Develops business processes, protocols, and tools.
Responsible for various fiduciary responsibilities including investment planning, budgets, forecasts, variances, accounting, cost-benefit development.
Evaluates regulatory documents and directives, understands potential project / program impacts, and assures compliance.
Understands overarching policy, strategy, and business finances, including but not limited to Company documents, interrogatories, orders, and reports.
Designs, implements, and tracks KPI’s, and implements corrective actions as appropriate.
Leverages and implements PROSCI Change Management to accelerate process standardization and technology utilization to improve organizational effectiveness.
Responsible for project presentations, reports, and regulatory requests.
Develops & maintains SharePoint / MS Teams sites.
Provides linkage to management by communicating progress through regular status updates with KPI’s, detailed schedule tracking, explanation of corrective actions, and escalation.
Collaborate across all areas of the organization including Customer Service, IT, Control, Gas and Electric Operations, Regulatory, and Operational Smart Grids.
Makes recommendations to business areas and management and implements solutions to promote efficiencies.
Collaborate with global colleagues to leverage technical synergies.
Skills and Requirements
- Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred. Change Management, PMP and/or Lean Six Sigma Certification(s) a plus.
- Engineering & IT Professionals a plus.
- 5 years' relevant experience required including at least 3 years working with financials related to large-scale projects. 3 to 5 years of project / program management a plus.
- Experience leading technical teams.
- Knowledge of Information Technology design and architecture.
- Knowledge and experience navigating the Procurement Process, including the development of RFPs, contract requirements, and Statements of Work with milestones)
- Understanding and experience with establishing project accounting to ensure cost recovery through accurate reporting.
- Experience with SAP for financial budgeting, forecasting, tracking, invoicing, and payment and accrual processes.
- Experience in leading internal and external resources.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Project, SharePoint, MS Teams, Visio). Experience using HP ALM, PowerBI and Jira is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with ECC Spectrum, SAP, AMI, and GIS is preferrable.
- Knowledge and experience in software applications and defect resolution a plus.
- Experience working with IT from development of IT Project Definition Documents (PDD)s to requirements identification.
- Experience developing roadmaps to align future initiatives.
- Skills/Abilities Required:
- Program Leadership / Project Office Experience
- Change Management (people, process, technology) experience
- Interpersonal skills
- Communications / influencing
- Negotiation / dispute resolution
- Analytical capabilities
- Regulatory awareness
- Working knowledge of several utility business areas (e.g., Electric Operations, Gas Operations, Customer Service)
- Coaching and mentoring capabilities
- Agility, versatility, and flexibility; productive in a multi-tasking and rapidly changing environment
- Skills/Abilities Desired:
- Program Management
- SharePoint knowledge
- MS Teams knowledge
- Auditing/controls experience
- Metrics design and development
- Be a role model
- Be agile
- Collaborate and Share
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Focus to achieve results
- Technical Skills
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables