Marketing & Communications Manager
Direct Hire Portland, Maine
We are pleased to be partnering with Junior Achievement of Maine in their search for a Marketing & Communications Manager.
- Location: Portland, Maine
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #18695
Junior Achievement empowers young people to own their economic success. They have been operating in Maine since 1965 and currently offer programs to K-12 students from Aroostook County to York County. These programs pair Maine professionals from all walks of life with K-12 classrooms throughout the state to inspire learning, ambition, and financial literacy.
Junior Achievement of Maine is seeking a creative marketing professional to oversee the company’s messaging, communications, and brand awareness. This is an opportunity to leverage business, strategy, and philanthropic talents in a way that leaves an impact on communities throughout Maine. They work to motivate, engage, and inspire students to recognize the value and relevance of education and to make informed decisions about their own personal education and career pathways.
- Develop and execute organizational brand, marketing, communications, and outreach plans to inform key stakeholders and the general public about the impact the organization has in the community.
- Create and execute campaigns to build brand awareness and convey consistent messaging that supports programs and amplifies the organization’s voice, positioning JA as a thought leader on issues aligned with its mission.
- Draft, edit, and finalize content including writing, graphic design, and video production for use across all mediums including print, website, social media platforms, digital marketing, newsletters, events, etc.
- Initiate and maintain ongoing relationships with local media outlets to increase awareness of Junior Achievement and promote specific initiatives, programs, and events.
- Partner with the JA team to solicit and identify content and stories for the organization’s website and other collateral materials, including annual reports, program brochures, and campaigns.
- Maintain JA’s communication platforms, including the website, e-mail marketing platform, social media accounts, etc.
- Oversee brand management, including designing/maintaining document templates, and ensure staff understanding of and adherence to brand guidelines.
- Write copy, secure assets, and direct internal and external designers in order to build thought leadership pieces, PR, and partnerships.
- Measure and provide reports on the effectiveness of marketing and communication campaigns.
- Serves as the marketing liaison to JAUSA, keeping up to date on processes and policies from national and ensuring local materials/messages are consistent with the national message.
- Work in partnership with the President & CEO, and Vice President, to ensure that priorities and expectations are clearly defined and met, and marketing strategies are aligned with the JA strategic plan.
- 3+ years of marketing, public relations, communications, journalism, education and/or other related work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or communications is strongly preferred.
- Successful track record in marketing/brand roles, and in implementing a communications strategy.
- Strong writing, editing, and storytelling skills, demonstrated in various formats (print, web, social media, video).
- Ability to draft and distribute press releases and media advisories.
- Accepts responsibility for delivering on assigned goals and deliverables.
- Able to maintain composure in difficult situations and can shift quickly to objective, problem-solving behaviors in order to deliver results.
- Avoids excuses and blame-shifting.
- Participates in projects, tasks, meetings and workplace interactions with positive enthusiasm.
- Demonstrates an obvious energy in performing the role and serves as an engaged member of the department.
Growth & Improvement
- Actively seeks opportunities to increase industry knowledge and become a stronger subject matter expert in the field.
- Willing to accept stretch goals and challenging projects to gain valuable experience and continuously develop as a professional.
Integrity & Trust
- Earns the trust and confidence of coworkers and constituents through honest communication, ethical behavior, and professionalism in all interactions.
- Admits mistakes, does not misrepresent self or information, and keeps confidences.
- Is dependable and known to be someone who will do what is promised.
Junior Achievement Teamwork
- Contributes to meeting team deadlines and engages effectively with others to achieve goals.
- Maintains an approachable demeanor to encourage positive working relationships and promotes effective communication.
- Demonstrates a willingness to pitch in to help team members succeed (even in areas outside their normal role).
- Interacts well with many types of personalities and handles difficult interactions without escalating tension.
Nice to Have:
- Experience successfully using social media and/or email database marketing.
- Self-motivated, proactive engagement in communication and decision-making skills.
- Experience in event planning, including scripting and video production.
- Creative storytelling abilities.
- Strong social media strategy.
- Experience in the education and/or nonprofit fields.
- Experience pitching media.
Salary will depend on experience.
Competitive benefits package offered including 100% employer-paid health and dental insurance, life insurance, Short Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance, Annual Simple IRA plan.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Dana Woodbury at email@example.com