The Proposal Specialist is responsible for coordinating the timely completion and effective preparation of high-quality proposals in response to complex RFPs and additional opportunities that drive new business development. This individual will be a key member of the team and will work closely with numerous departments in the proposal development process. The Proposal Specialist role is one of a select few roles with a unique opportunity to set a prospect’s expectations of Tyler’s solutions.
- Coordinates and manages proposal planning, development and submission, providing and managing deadlines throughout process
- Works collaboratively with internal stakeholders and team members against strict deadlines
- Ensures win strategy and clear understanding of the requirements are well-articulated and consistent throughout final proposal documents
- Reviews, edits and proofreads proposals and other materials to ensure accuracy, clarity and consistency
- Ensures that the final proposal submission is compliant with all RFP requirements
- Maintains archive of proposals following final submission.
- Assists in creating and maintaining subject matter and proposal Q & A databases that support the business needs of Tyler, the proposal development process, and sales process
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously
- Assists in capture of best practices and lessons learned from various proposals
- BS/BA in related field or comparable business experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment (both independently and as a team player)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up.
- Strong professional and persuasive written/verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organization and the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Excellent time management, decision making, presentation problem solving
- Deadline focused and ability to work under time constraints
- Demonstrated team player, self-starter, and independent thinker
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, in addition to Adobe