Thomas College, located in the revitalized town of Waterville, ME which is mid-way between the beautiful coast and mountains of Maine as well as Maine’s largest city, is a private, not-for-profit business and liberal arts college offering a guaranteed job program to its graduates. Founded in 1894 as a private college, Thomas offers a rich professional studies curriculum for undergraduate and graduate students in a wide variety of programs including business, arts and sciences, criminal justice, education, and technology. In 2017, Money Magazine recently ranked Thomas 23rd in the country for adding the most value to their degrees, and data reported by the New York Times ranks Thomas College in the top 15 percent of all college and universities in the U.S. for upward mobility of its graduates.
The Centers for Innovation Events and Career Development Coordinator provides support for comprehensive career services and programs provided for the College's undergraduate, graduate and alumni populations. S/he has the primary responsibility of managing professional and career development events and experiences falling under the Centers for Innovation (CFI) umbrella. These include events and experiences sponsored by the Harold Alfond Institute for Business Innovation (HAIBI), Center for Innovation in Education (CIE), and the Office of Professional and Career Development (PCD).
This position also engages in outreach for the career development components related to specific academic programs and directly supports students throughout their academic career. This position provides additional support for career development training and data tracking and analysis.
Essential Job Functions:
CFI Event and Experience Management (65%)
- HAIBI Events and Experiences
- Lead project manager for all HAIBI events and experiences
- Marketing and advertising responsibilities in partnership with internal and external colleagues
- Data tracking, evaluation, and follow up communications
- CIE Events and Experiences
- Partner with CIE director to develop and project manage key events and experiences like Future Academies
- PCD Events and Experiences
- Partner with PCD director to develop and project manage key events and experiences like career fairs, career trainings, and employer panels
- Other CFI Events and Experiences
- Partner with CFI team to identify, develop, and project manage other marquis events and experiences that fall under the mission of CFI as needed
Career Development Responsibilities (35%)
- Serve defined caseload of Business, Arts and Science, and Education students
- Deliver trainings and workshops on career development topics to students and staff
- Work with faculty and staff to deliver career development lessons in academic classes as needed
- Provide training to Career Navigators on a range of career development topics as needed
- Annual graduate data entry (Raiser's Edge) and other data responsibilities as needed
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Excellent interpersonal, writing, and communication skills; ability to participate in a team environment; strong problem-solving skills. Digital design skills are a plus. S/he must be comfortable working with and managing a variety of digital platforms (websites, social media, etc.). Experience with event development and management. Must be a self-starter, deadline driven, and able to adapt and manage multiple and changing priorities. Ability to maintain confidentiality a must.
Knowledge of current trends and issues around career development needs - of college students in particular - and the employment marketplace in general is desired. Some travel; evening and weekend hours required. Valid driver's license and successful driver's license background check required.
Qualifications and Employment Standards:
Bachelor’s Degree preferred or 3+ years of proven experience in event development and management or career development, in lieu of degree. Relevant prior experience in career advising, counseling services or human resources field is preferred. Prior experience administering and interpreting assessment tests and working with high school or college students desirable. Efficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe design products, and ability to learn new platforms as needed.
Medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, short-term disability insurance, 403(b) matching plan, paid time off, and tuition remission.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and names of three professional references. Please include an email address on your application materials. Use this link to submit application materials: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/8755daac-bdc4-49b9-9a03-9f77f304512b/Thomas-College
Thomas College is an equal opportunity employer. Thomas College's mission is to prepare students for success in their personal and professional lives, and for leadership and service in their communities.