Department: LTC and SNF Admin
Position is located: Lakewood Cont. Care Center
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
The Director of Nursing Services is a Registered Professional Nurse who is responsible for the organization and administration of all health care services in the facility.
- Attaining 99th percentile in resident/family satisfaction.
- Developing and periodically updating the nursing service objectives and statements of philosophy.
- Developing standards of nursing practice.
- Developing and maintaining nursing policy and procedure manuals.
- Developing and maintaining written job descriptions for each level of nursing personnel.
- Developing methods for coordination of nursing services with other resident services.
- Recruiting and retaining the number and level of nursing personnel necessary to meet the nursing care needs of each resident.
- Assuring staff training programs for nursing service personnel are developed.
- Ensuring that safe work practices are followed.
- Participating in the planning and budgeting for nursing services.
- Assessing the nursing requirements for each resident admitted.
- Assuring that nursing care personnel are following the residents’ care plan.
- Assuring compliance with established State and Federal regulations.
- Incorporating Performance Improvement into daily activities and demonstrates improvement in outcomes or processes.
- Provides information for the monthly board report.
- Tracks incident reports for the facility and reports to the State any reportable med errors, and also notifies resident’s family.
- 15. Performs other duties as assigned by the facility Administrator.
Competencies and skills:
* 3+ years of relative work experience required.
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Demonstrates Emotional Intelligence: Exhibits a high level of self-awareness, self-management, other awareness and relationship management. Conducts themselves in an empathic, appropriate way, with a sense of humor and stimulates a collaborative work environment. Is respectful of the attitudes, feelings, or circumstances of others and aware of the influence of their own behavior on them. Is aware of relevant social, political, system, and professional trends and developments and uses this information for the organization's benefit.
* Develops Self and Others: Takes responsibility for engaging in professional self-development activities and programs. Strives to gain insight into their own values, strengths and weaknesses, interests and ambitions and takes action in order to enhance competencies and skills when possible. As a leader, encourages and guides employees towards growth opportunities to enhance performance and help them reach goals. Reviews and analyzes employees' strengths and weaknesses to distinguish their talents and development needs, and to ensure they are enhanced appropriately.
* Effectively Communicates: Listens, speaks and writes appropriately, using clear language. Communication methods are fitting to the message(s), audience, and situation and follow-ups are regular and timely. Shows that important (non-) verbal information is absorbed and understood and asks further questions to clarify when necessary. Expresses ideas and views clearly to others and has ability to adjust use of language to the audiences' level.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Fosters Innovation: Employs and encourages the use of meaningful creativity in solving challenges. Proactively identifies opportunities and uses new approaches to enhance processes, systems and services. When appropriate, suggests or initiates new strategies, products, services, and markets.
* Influences and Inspires: Builds enthusiasm and commitment among others to move in a desired direction and models it personally. Creates a compelling vision of success that motivates workplace initiative and energizes others to follow. Provides direction and guidance to encourage cooperation between team members in order to attain an objective. Has the ability to appropriately influence others' actions and decisions with and without express authority.
* Experience browsing, researching and finding information on the internet.
* Spreadsheet application with the ability to use calculations, formulas, graphing tools, pivot tables, and a macro programming.
* Email application with the ability to manage email as well as calendars, managing tasks and contacts, note taking, journaling, and web browsing.
* Word process application with the ability to create and edit documents, format, use tables, apply footnoting, create table of contents and mail merge techniques.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* Promotes Health and Safety: Promotes a healthy and safe environment for patients, employees and visitors. Advocates and models healthy physical and mental health behaviors even in challenging circumstances. Sets high quality standards and strives for continuous improvement and quality assurance by reporting and encouraging others to report near misses and safety issues.
* Provides Patient-Centered Care: Demonstrates understanding of patient care quality and service as organizational priority. Proactively supports change to improve patient experience and results. Exhibits the ability and willingness to find out what the patient wants and needs and to act accordingly, taking the organizational and outside resources into account. Cooperates, collaborates, communicates, and integrates care within and between teams to ensure that care is continuous and reliable.
* Resolves Conflict: Promptly acts to find alternatives/solutions when team members disagree. Addresses issues in a direct, honest, and appropriate manner. Handles conflicting interests diplomatically and helps to solve them. Transforms difficult situations into teachable moments using respect and accountability .
* Serves Others: Strives to understand, meet and exceed the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers which may include the people and communities in our service areas. Develops and maintains relationships, alliances and coalitions within and outside the organization and leverages them in order to obtain information, support, and promote cooperation and collaboration.
* Registered Nurse
* Potential exposure to abusive and/or aggressive people.
* Potential exposure to diseases or infections.
* Potential exposure to hazardous materials.
* Potential exposure to noise levels being uncomfortable.
* Potential exposure to noxious odors.
* Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
* Lifting, moving and loading 20 to 30 pounds.
* Continuous sitting.
* Continuous standing.
* Continuous walking.
* Potential exposure to very hot or cold temperatures.
* Work beyond the regularly scheduled hours.
* Extend body and limbs to reach items.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status