Direct Hire Biddeford, Maine
Pro Search is proud to partner with Eastern Trail Alliance and Eastern Trail Management District on their search for their next Executive Director. The Eastern Trail is a recreation and transportation greenway from Casco Bay to the Piscataqua River in Kittery, Maine. From start to finish, the trail is a scenic gem with postcard-perfect backdrops that span 65 miles, which attracts nearly 250,000 bike and pedestrian users every year. Together, the Eastern Trail Alliance, a membership-driven nonprofit organization, and the Eastern Trail Management District, an allied nonprofit that oversees construction, maintenance, and uses of the trail, are seeking its next Executive Director to lead our mission to connect people, nature, and communities with this incomparable resource.
- Location: Biddeford, Maine
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #18826
We are seeking a dynamic and visionary Executive Director to provide strategic leadership and operational management for the Eastern Trail Alliance and Eastern Trail Management District. As the Executive Director, you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of our programs, trail management projects, fundraising efforts, and community partnerships. This is an exciting opportunity to make a meaningful difference and shape the future direction of our organization.
- Refine and implement the strategic plan to advance the organization's mission and objectives.
- Provide visionary leadership to the staff, volunteers, and board members, fostering a collaborative and inclusive work environment.
- Oversee and manage all projects and events, ensuring their effectiveness, efficiency, and alignment with the organization's goals.
- Oversee, manage, and participate in all fundraising initiatives, including donor cultivation, grant writing, and sponsorship opportunities to secure the necessary resources for program sustainability and growth.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with community stakeholders, government agencies, and other nonprofit organizations to leverage partnerships and maximize the organization's impact.
- Prepare and present reports to the board of directors, providing updates on organizational performance, financial status, and program achievements.
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, as well as ethical standards governing nonprofit organizations.
- Manage the organization's budget, allocate resources effectively, and oversee financial operations.
Top candidates will substantively meet the following qualifications:
- Proven experience (at least 5 years) in nonprofit leadership, including strategic planning, program management, and fundraising.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with diverse stakeholders, including community members, donors, and government officials.
- Strong financial management skills, including budgeting, financial analysis, and grant management.
- Prior experience and success with fundraising, membership growth, securing private and government grants, and understanding of building endowment funds.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively engage and inspire others.
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving abilities, with a track record of driving results and managing multiple priorities.
- Knowledge of nonprofit governance, legal compliance, and best practices in nonprofit management.
- Strong commitment to Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.
Compensation And Benefits: The salary range for this position is $80,000. – $90,000. annually. Benefits include a hybrid work schedule, paid time off, and additional contribution towards health care. Some evening and weekend work is required.
Salary80,000.00 - 90,000.00 Annual