WEX is seeking a self driven and dynamic Financial Analyst to take the lead in various elements of the company’s SEC Reporting function and possess an in-depth knowledge of SEC Reporting, technical accounting, financial statements and, stock-based compensation. This role will interface regularly will other key members of the corporate accounting and finance team, legal, human resource and external auditors.
The team is based out of the Corporate Headquarters in Portland, Maine. This role will be working remote to start. Ideal fit will be located within commute distance to Portland, Maine, our corporate headquarters.
The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Participate in all aspects of quarterly/annual SEC filings, including coordinating the completion of, and/or drafting of MD&A sections, footnote disclosures, and other required disclosures; work paper compilation and tie-out; integrating comments provided by colleagues and interacting with business leaders to ensure accurate filings; XBRL tagging of the Financial Statements and Footnotes; communicating directly with external auditors; managing the SEC reporting software (Workiva); completing GAAP and SEC disclosure checklists.
- Provide financial reporting, audit, and compliance support by satisfying all requests timely and accurately with requested information.
- Independently research accounting and disclosure-related matters and incorporates new GAAP/SEC reporting requirements into filings and recommend improvements to existing disclosures to ensure compliance and effectiveness.
- Assist in the preparation of financial information included in quarterly Investor Relations documents (8-K, scripts, investor presentations, etc.)
- Support the accounting close process in areas such as stock-based compensation
- Ad hoc reporting and special projects, as requested
- Independently identify and implement control improvements and process efficiencies relating to role, supporting automation, improved data integrity, and a stronger control environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 4+ years of accounting experience
- Flexible within a rapidly changing, dynamic work environment
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think independently
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent team player who can build and leverage working relationships
- SEC Reporting experience
- Big 4 or public company experience
- Active CPA license
- Experience with PeopleSoft GL, Hyperion Financial Management and/or Workiva software
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability