Schedule: Regular Full-time
The Benefits Director leads the design, implementation, and administration of system-wide employee health & welfare and wellness benefit programs and, in collaboration with the HR Service Center, their administration within a Human Resources shared services setting.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor's degree required and Master's Degree preferred.
· Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) or equivalent certification preferred.
· 5 year's leadership experience at the manager or higher level delivering employee health and welfare insurance programs.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Knowledge of employer-sponsored group insurance benefits program design and evaluation, claim administration and contracting processes.
· Knowledge of enterprise-wide HRIS systems software so as to be able to perform at the "super user" level.
· Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations impacting area of responsibility.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
· Strong presentation development and delivery skills.
· Ensures employee notification is timely and compliant with applicable laws and regulations.
· Leads the design, implementation, and administration of the benefits function and the work of specialists.
· With support from HR Service Center staff, administers health and welfare programs and institutes and maintains processes to ensure accurate and timely services.
· Provides functional leadership to HR Service Center staff performing benefits administration duties.
· Responsible for both employee portal and HR Service Center health & welfare-related content and keeping staff current on changes.
· Works with ERISA attorney and vendors to ensure plan documentation is current and compliant with applicable laws and regulations.
· Works with vendors to design communications in order to deliver cost-effective programs in a way that maximizes the value of these programs and services to employees and the organization.
· Subject matter expert on health and welfare plans and resource to department.
· Completes special projects by clarifying project objective, setting timetables and schedules, conducting research, developing and organizing information and fulfilling transactions.
· Complies with federal, state and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements and advising leadership on needed action.
· Ensures that all programs and services are managed in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
· Ensures accurate and timely plan invoicing.
· Completes job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations and maintaining current on industry trends.
· In collaboration with the Retirement COE and HR Service Center, develops and implements communications programs that align with the overall strategies of the system and department.
· With and through Total Health Specialist and in collaboration with the Beacon Health wellness team, develops implements and administers wellness programs.
Passion: We demonstrate a passion for caring for others and the pursuit of service excellence in all that we do.
Integrity: We commit to the highest standards of behavior and doing the correct thing for the right reasons.
Partnership: Working together in collaboration and teamwork is more powerful than working alone.
Accountability: We take a responsible and disciplined approach to achieving our priorities and responding to an ever changing environment.
Innovation: We are capable of extraordinary creativity and are willing to explore new ideas to achieve our healthcare mission.
Respect: We respect the dignity, worth and rights of others.
· Sedentary: Exerting up to 10 lbs. occasionally, sitting most of the time, and only brief periods of standing and walking.
Note: the duties listed above reflect the majority of the duties of this job and does not, nor is it intended to, reflect all duties that may be required for an incumbent in this job to perform.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Healthcare | Management