Read the full job announcement at USAJOBS.gov before submitting an application.
Acadia National Park is a favorite vacation destination for good reason. The views are spectacular. The landscape is pristine. And, the wildlife is plentiful and protected. As a result, Acadia National Park is one of the most visited national parks in the United States. Acadia National Park protects more than 47,000 acres of lakes, ponds, mountains, and ocean shoreline along the coast of Maine. The 27-mile Park Loop Road system offers outstanding views of the park's ocean shoreline, coastal forests, and mountain silhouettes. At Acadia you can explore the park's scenic 45-mile carriage road system or hike through forests and up mountains on 125 miles of historic hiking trails.
Job duties include:
- Performs dispatch and call taking services for public safety related incidents and operations. Receives and evaluates emergency calls for service.
- Obtains information through questioning and determines the priority of the call.
- Performs general Communications Center clerical duties such as data entry, quality, records management, inventories, and verification and maintenance of contact listings, etc.
- Queries and relays wants, warrants, driver and vehicle status, Be on the Lookout (BOL), and Attempt to Locate (ATL) information for law enforcement contacts and investigations.
- Provides for officer safety through maintaining status on officers, maintains situational awareness during all contacts, and anticipates responders requests and needs.
- Provides communications and logistical support to responders; maintains status on resources and incidents.
- Coordinates responses to incidents; initiates appropriate response of personnel and apparatus in accordance with agency plans, guides, and protocols.
- Coordinates use of assigned radio frequencies, directs radio traffic to appropriate channels, and restricts channels to emergency use as necessary.
- Prioritizes radio traffic and related communications.
- Serves as a certified operator of National Criminal Information Network (NCIC), National Law Enforcements Communications System (NLETS).