Job Posting End Date: 11/07
Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, Unum's financial protection benefits help protect more than 36 million working people and their families from the financial impact of illness or injury. Unum's three distinct, but similarly focused US businesses – Unum US, Colonial Life, and Starmount Life – are each a market leader in making disability, life, accident, critical illness, dental, and vision insurance accessible in the workplace.
Headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee, Unum has significant US operations in Portland, Maine, Worcester, Massachusetts, and Glendale, California with over 35 field offices nationwide. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina with over 40 field offices nationwide. Starmount Life is based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and is the dental and vision center of excellence for Unum in the US.
General Summary:General Summary:
The Clinical/Vocational Manager is responsible for the delivery of high quality, cost effective, and timely clinical and/or vocational services. The Manager will ensure consistency, quality, and a high degree of customer service while coordinating services with the medical, vocational, and claims teams. This position models a customer centric, positive work environment with focus on continuous improvement and innovation. Deliverables associated with the incumbent’s team is subject to regulatory and compliance standards. Models a customer focused culture and effectively communicates the customer service vision to employees.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides leadership to a team of clinical/vocational consultants regarding day to day operations
- Sets goals for self and team that align with business/department priorities
- Manages individuals and team performance and holds employees accountable
- Drives the development and continuous improvement of highly trained, professional staff
- Analyses data, identifies trends, recommends solutions and reports out information
- Provides formal and informal performance-based feedback to direct reports and business partners as appropriate
- Partners effectively with the Lead Medical Directors and physicians
- Identifies innovative solutions to simplify claim review process and enhance customer experience
- Fosters an inclusive and engaging work environment and encourages staff to set and attain stretch goals
- Utilizes influencing skills to gain agreement towards business goals
- Operates with a sense of urgency and flexibility to meet the needs of a rapidly changing environment, while consistently driving the team to meet performance standards set for quality and quantity of work
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent work experience; graduate degree or professional certification preferred.
- Certification within the field of Rehabilitation or Nursing preferred
- 2+ years of industry experience, disability claims experience preferred
Unum and its family of businesses offer world-class training and development, generous compensation and benefits packages, and a culture built on employee ideas.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.