Northern Light Inland Hospital
Department: Nuclear Imaging
Position is located: Inland Hospital
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: No Hours Assigned
Operates Radiologic equipment to make clinical diagnostic x-ray films as directed by physicians. Performs routine diagnostic procedures and Cat Scan according to established standards and practices.
1. Transfers and positions patients. Provides immobilization devises as required. 2. Operates all equipment. Selects proper technical factors on an individual patient basis. Develops films. Uses proper sterile techniques. 3. Provides proper radiation protection as prescribed by safety standards to themselves, patients, visitors, and other personnel. 4. Provides radiologist with pertinent patient and exam information. Assists Radiologist with exams, invasive procedures, and administering contrast material. 5. Knowledgeable with, and assists in, all quality assurance and quality control functions and record keeping. 6. Maintains adequate records. Assists with patient record keeping. 7. Maintains an orderly and clean work area. Secures and maintains supplies. 8. Performs exams in accordance with established protocols. Shares call and is available to come to the hospital within 30 minutes after being notified. 9. Assists in the use of a variety of equipment and procedures. Responsible to see that all equipment is working as specified, that equipment is serviced routinely, and kept up to date with safety standards. May be required to assist in the development of new procedures, technical factors, film selection, and instruct ancillary personnel. 10. Contributes to department development, education, personal, and professional growth. 11. Maintains familiarity with and follows all department and hospital policies and procedures, safety program, emergency preparedness, Infection Control, etc. 12. Rotates in the Radiology Department as needed. This may include call, change of shift, change of position, and working beyond end of shift. 13. Follows all State and AOA requirements. 14. Complies with Inland Hospital Hand Hygiene Standards. 15. Adheres to Inland Hospital Standards of Behavior. 16. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Licensed as Radiologic Technologist Required.
* Radiologic Tech-Radiographer
* Associate's Degree
* Potential exposure to diseases or infections.
* Work beyond the regularly scheduled hours.
* Extend body and limbs to reach items.
* Lifting, moving and loading 30 to 50 pounds.
* Potential exposure to noise levels being uncomfortable.
* Continuous standing.
* Continuous walking.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status