Tyler Technologies has an immediate opening for a User Experience Researcher. The UX Researcher works directly with product managers and UX designers to create amazing products by understanding users, competition and the market. You will design research plans that investigate the design questions and hypotheses you developed in collaboration with your team and others. By identifying key insights and design opportunities and presenting them in a compelling form, you will inspire changes at every stage of product development. Using your research strategies and design recommendations, you will have the opportunity to directly impact the design of Tyler Technologies products used daily by people working in state and local governments, as well as the citizens they serve.
- Translate design questions into research plans that produce insight and inspiration for product strategy and product design.
- Work with designers to create prototypes to investigate essential research questions through client-facing usability testing.
- Analyze and represent research findings such that the team has a clearer understanding of the key design problems on which to focus.
- Create personas, experience maps, and other visuals as needed to represent insights about users, market, and competition identified during research activities.
- Work closely with project teams to deliver research findings from multiple data sources (A/B testing, usage metrics, and statistical analysis) as appropriate.
- Share actionable findings and prioritized recommendations with teams on a regular basis
- Continuously refine user research methods and strategy into the core product development process and help create a more informed and more empathetic product team members.
- Use primary and secondary research to develop recommendations for UX best practices.
- Evangelize research best practices across the company.
- Contribute to product training and education regarding user research best practices.
- Collaborate with teams comprised of developers, business analysts and stakeholders.
- Identify and execute on high-impact research projects.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, HCI, human factors, anthropology, or similar or combination of training and UX research experience.
- 1 to 3 years in a UX Research in related role preferred.
- A portfolio demonstrating the use and impact of UX research methods.
- Broad set of UX research methods and tools and the ability to combine them effectively, as well as to modify and develop new research methods.
- Experience in creating compelling presentations of research methods and findings.
- Working knowledge of quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a multidisciplinary team comprised of sales, product and development team members.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
Requisition Number: 45-18-305