Job Description here:
The Executive Director assumes the overall leadership, direction, and program quality of the Mount Desert Nursing Association (MDNA) and is responsible for establishing standards of care which comply with federal and state regulatory and billing requirements for licensed homecare agencies. The Executive Director reports directly to the board of directors and is responsible for keeping them up to date on major trends and problems impacting the homecare industry. He/she is responsible for the day to day operations of MDNA and supervises the Director of Clinical Services.
- The position is full time and requires either a bachelor’s degree in Nursing with current Maine RN license, or experience in healthcare administration or related healthcare field. Current experience in a licensed homecare agency and at least one year of supervisory experience in homecare or related healthcare delivery is required.
- Ability to establish collaborative working relationships, strong verbal and written communication skills and computer literacy, including knowledge of electronic health record systems.
- Knowledge of federal and state governmental regulations governing home health services and understanding of the current payment system-Patient Driven Grouping Model (PDGM), OASIS documentation and QAPI
- Experience with strategic planning, fundraising and new program development
- Experience with financial management and budgeting skills