Casco Bay Lines
Casco Bay Lines is seeking an Accountant, to be based in their Portland, ME offices. Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, this position will be an integral part of the accounting and finance team.
Job Requirements for the Accountant:
- 3-5 years of experience in an Accounting focused role
- Experience with budgets, audits, and general ledger management
- Hands on experience with accounting system/software
- Nonprofit accounting and/or grant accounting experience is highly preferred
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent Microsoft Excel Skills
- Ability to commute to the office location in Portland, ME
Benefits of the Job:
- Annual compensation in the range of $60,000 - $65,000.
- Benefit plan options for Health, Dental, Vision, LTD and STD
- Paid Time Off and a Retirement Pension Plan
- Free parking
- Free ferry tickets for you and your family
- Convenient location on the waterfront in the Old Port
- Employee focused environment with emphasis on work/life balance
Responsibilities of the Accountant:
- Account reconciliation, accounts payable, general ledger accounting.
- Provide back-up support for payroll and daily receipts responsibilities.
- Reconcile, track data, and provide reports for grant accounting.
- Manage and adhere to internal controls.
- Annual budget preparation and annual audit preparation.
- Prepare monthly financial statements.
- Ensure compliance with internal procedures and maintain accurate records and ledgers.
CBL ferries transport more than one million passengers, 35,000 vehicles and over 500,000 pieces of freight annually and has maintained continuous, uninterrupted service for the past 40 years. While this impressive operation has been the lifeline to the islands for over 150 years and become a cultural mainstay in the greater Portland area, CBL has earned national and global recognition as an innovative leader in the transit industry through cutting edge initiatives.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS, PLEASE
Casco Bay Lines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, familial status, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.