Type: Full -time, Salary
Location: Portland, ME
Tilson is a high growth team of driven professionals with a national practice. We are on a mission to build America’s information infrastructure. We accomplish this with a team of experts working collaboratively on meaningful, impactful projects for great clients. Our team environment fosters intellectual curiosity, motivates employees, and cultivates talented people who work with purpose, mastery and autonomy. We strive to listen to our clients, partner with them as a team, and accept their goals as our own.
Tilson has been recognized on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies in the U.S. for eight years in a row.
Tilson Technology Management is seeking a GIS Specialist with previous work experience using GIS data and tools for professional GIS applications. The ideal candidate has achieved a high level of understanding regarding data constructs and how to leverage them to achieve project goals. The GIS Specialist can be focused on either project specific duties or system development. This job will reside in our Portland, ME Headquarters.
- Create, edit and maintain GIS data in ArcDesktop, ArcGIS Enterprise, and other GIS platforms used by the company
- Create and update data schemas
- Create data exports, map products, and delivery packages
- Train and support casual GIS users with data related tasks
- Create and design data models and workflows to facilitate the goals of project-based work. This can include geoprocessing and other spatial analysis methods
- Take ownership of data for projects and initiatives including QA/QC, completeness, and integrity
- Design and implement project deliverables, including following up with feedback and revisions.
- Data Analysis, transformation, and translation tasks as required for meeting project goals
- Develop and implement QA/QC routines and methods to ensure data is complete and accurate
- Maintain GIS system integrity and facilitate user adoption of systems
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
- All functions need to be performed in a timely manner yet maintain a high level of accuracy and precision
- Bachelor's degree in GIS, Geospatial Sciences or similar technical field, or some equivalent experience
- 3-7 Years of experience working with GIS as a focus
- Proven written and verbal communication and time management skills
- Results and systems oriented with demonstrated experience achieving goals
- Proven ability to achieve results.
- No required certifications
Desired but not Required:
- Proven results-based experience and/or systems support skills are a benefit.
- Detail oriented, meticulous personality, and fast learning are all desirable traits.
- A healthy sense of ownership around tasks and commitments.
- Good work ethics.
?Occasional travel may be required for training and team coordination.
Successful candidates will be required to submit to a criminal background check.
Tilson offers a competitive benefits package, including:
- Paid time off
- Healthcare, disability, dental and life insurance benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with automatic company contribution
- Entrepreneurial, highly technical and customer-focused work environment
Our mission is to serve our customers by building, integrating, and maintaining the information technology and communications infrastructure that enables great organizations to innovate and deliver.
Tilson is a world leader in executing information and communications technology projects to build a more connected world. We accomplish this with a team of experts working collaboratively on meaningful, impactful projects for great clients. Our team environment fosters intellectual curiosity, motivates employees, and cultivates talented people who work with purpose, mastery, and autonomy. We strive to listen to our clients, partner with them as a team, and accept their goals as our own.
We will run our business sustainably, for its financial health, its people and the public good. We believe in:
- Safety- above bottom line. Cutting corners is never an option.
- Integrity- we do what is right, even if doing so puts us at a temporary disadvantage.
- Accountability- everyone at Tilson is accountable for the work we do as a whole.
- Professionalism- be trusted by our clients to be their ‘get it done’ team.
- Respect- for our employees, clients, and partners.
- Composure- we are comfortable in chaos and trust that we will always find a way through any challenge.
Tilson is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer
Tilson provides equal opportunity to all employees on the basis of individual qualification without regard to race, sex, religion, color, age, national origin, physical and mental disability, genetic information and history, sexual orientation, or other category protected by state or federal law. Tilson does not discriminate in the recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, benefits, or any other condition of employment.
- Principals only. Recruiters should not contact Tilson.
- No phone calls please.