Northern Light Sebasticook Valley Hospital
Department: Food and Nutrition Services
Position is located: Sebasticook Valley Hospital
Work Type: Full Time
To provide high quality food service to patients and all customers in an organized and efficient manner. Assist dietitian with clinical functions for patients.
- Consistently prepares nutritional healthy and
presentable food accordingly to patient/staff menus, and catering requests.
- Manages and follows portion controls to
eliminate waste and to save money.
- Performs inventory ordering and stocking
- Maintains clean work area and equipment
- Uses accepted standards for sanitary handling of
foods including temperature control with documentation.
- Demonstrates knowledge of therapeutic diets
- Maintains a safe environment which includes
knowing and understanding hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Reports and directly addresses identified
environmental hazards when appropriate.
- Reports and directly addresses violations of
patient safety policy and/or protocol when involved or observed.
- Must be 18 years of age to meet regulations for the use of
a meat slicer.
* 1+ years of relative work experience required.
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)
* Potential exposure to hazardous materials.
* Potential exposure to noise levels being uncomfortable.
* Potential exposure to noxious odors.
* Potential exposure to very hot or cold temperatures.
* Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
* Lifting, moving and loading 30 to 50 pounds.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status