Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center
Department: Cardiac Unit G4
Position is located: Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: 7:00 AM TO 7:30 PM
Performs secretarial duties using specific knowledge of medical terminology and hospital, clinic, or laboratory procedures. Duties may include scheduling appointments, billing patients, and compiling and recording medical charts, reports, and correspondence.
· Coordinates assigned unit activities.
· Manages patient records (e.g. Assembles patient records, Files patient information, etc.)
· Processes physician orders (e.g. Transcribes physician's orders, flags charts appropriately, enters orders into computer).
· Coordinates the safe transport of patients and other items as directed
· Accepts responsibility for further developing professional learning needs.
· Maintains a safe environment complying with NLH policies and procedures; report and directly address environmental hazards and violations of patient safety policy and/or protocol when involved or observed.
· May perform other duties upon request.
Competencies and skills:
* Demonstrates Adaptability: Learns quickly when facing a new problem or unfamiliar task; is flexible in their approach with changing priorities and ambiguity. Manages change effectively and does not give up during adversity. Capable of changing one's behavioral style and/or views in order to attain a goal. Absorbs new information readily and puts it into practice effectively.
* Demonstrates Emotional Intelligence: Exhibits a high level of self-awareness, self-management, other awareness and relationship management. Conducts themselves in an empathic, appropriate way, with a sense of humor and stimulates a collaborative work environment. Is respectful of the attitudes, feelings, or circumstances of others and aware of the influence of their own behavior on them. Is aware of relevant social, political, system, and professional trends and developments and uses this information for the organization's benefit.
* No previous experience required.
* Promotes Health and Safety: Promotes a healthy and safe environment for patients, employees and visitors. Advocates and models healthy physical and mental health behaviors even in challenging circumstances. Sets high quality standards and strives for continuous improvement and quality assurance by reporting and encouraging others to report near misses and safety issues.
Credentials: State of Maine CNA License.
* High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)
* Lifting, moving and loading 30 to 50 pounds.
* Alternate shift schedules (day, evening, nights, weekends).
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status