Under the direction of a licensed registered nurse, the CNA Provides direct patient care to assigned Residents/Patients using a restorative approach.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred. Graduate of an accredited, state approved Certified Nursing Assistant training program.
- License/Certifications: Current Certified Nursing Assistant certification. Current BLS certification.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers. Ability to perform operations using units of American money and weight measurements, volume and distance.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Current placement on state's CNA registry.