Note: All employees are required to be COVID-19 vaccinated prior to start of work.
The Phlebotomist collects laboratory specimens, prepares specimens for analysis in-house or to send elsewhere, analyzes specimens, reports results and maintains patient files and records.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures lab orders are in place prior to the patient's blood being drawn.
- Collects and processes patient specimens in accordance with Health Center laboratory policies and procedures.
- Judges appropriateness of test order vs. given diagnosis and checks with Laboratory Manager if any question.
- Handles and disposes of lab specimens in accordance with Health Center policies and procedures.
- Runs waived lab testing after appropriate training and review.
- Responds to inquiries to the lab.
- Initiates mechanisms to improve departmental efficiency and quality of work.
- Brings any issue that cannot be resolved to the attention of the Laboratory Manager
Experience and Skill Requirements: The following experience and skills are considered essential:
- At least one year of experience as a Phlebotomist strongly preferred.
- Ability to communicate and present information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply clinical policies and procedures.
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities.
Education Requirements: The following education requirements are considered essential:
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of in-house training as deemed necessary and appropriate by the Laboratory Manager.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Travel reimbursement