The Maine LEND data specialist enters specific trainee and faculty data, in addition to other data related to Maine LEND, into a national database as well as enter regular evaluation data into Excel or similar program for periodic analysis. This position will review, verify, code, identify discrepancies and enter data from various source materials, files and will extract and compile information from databases to produce and/or assist with production of reports.
- Perform regular secretarial duties for the project/department: answer phones and serve as department receptionist; type/print correspondences, reports, manuals, and the like; order materials and supplies; maintain appointment calendars; schedule trainee clinic visits, maintain schedule on Blackboard, set up meetings; photocopy; and the like.
- Organize and maintain various project files and records, frequently involving cross filing/cross-reference systems.
- Perform basic liaison functions with faculty, staff, trainees, or other department/program constituency, routing to senior administrative staff members as appropriate.
- Assist in the creation of meeting agendas and meeting document packets.
- Attend a variety of regularly scheduled meetings, take meeting minutes; electronically disseminate minutes.
- Coordinate logistics (travel, housing, registration) for statewide training events and conferences.
- Compile a variety of information from both manual and computerized records and files for regular and special reports and in response to specific requests by supervisor or other staff members.
- Edit project reports for spelling, grammar, formatting, etc.
- Compile comprehensive end-of-year reports; assemble copies of reports; disseminate reports electronically and in hardcopy.
- Confer regularly with immediate supervisors to plan and coordinate activities, exchange information, resolve problems, etc.
- Perform other specialized or technical administrative tasks related to the program’s primary function.
- Understand and comply with the University of New England Safety Manual.
- Record, code and manage data for the Maine LEND Program.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of the AUCD National Information Reporting System (NIRS) policies and procedures.
- Attend online training to serve as Data Coordinator for AUCD NIRS.
- Collect and enter required NIRS data (working with program evaluator and director) from trainees and faculty annually.
- Oversee a data entry and management system for Maine LEND data.
- Create reports based on NIRS data in response to requests by supervisor and or other staff members. Reports are required for federal reporting on at least an annual basis.
- Prepare comprehensive Maine LEND NIRS end-of-year report for export to EHB; Revise data collection tools in consultation with supervisor to promote efficiency, accuracy and verify data collected.
- Collect and manage Maine LEND’s evaluation data including LEND module and periodic evaluation surveys.
- Attend regularly scheduled Maine LEND administrative meetings when requested
- Perform other specialized or technical administrative tasks related to the Maine LEND function
- Understand and comply with the University of New England Safety Manual and annual trainings
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree in business or other appropriate discipline, plus two to three years of relevant work experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Strong organization skills. Experience in organizing and maintaining moderately complex filing and records systems.
- Strong computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word required.
- Ability/Eagerness to learn new web-based online database system.
- Good reading, spelling/grammar and general writing and math skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of University personnel, students, and/or outside individuals/organizations.