CourseStorm is on a mission to streamline access to education by offering an impossibly simple way for local education programs to put their classes online, spread the word about their offerings, and process student registrations. We are growing quickly, delighting our customers, and reaching new markets. We are expanding our marketing team and are seeking a tech-savvy, data-driven, and energetic marketing manager to join our growing team.
To be an outstanding candidate you'll have a passion for human-centered marketing, be a systems thinker, and be very comfortable using data to plan experiments and track results. You’ll also possess a unique ability to clarify complex ideas and prioritize competing needs based on business demands. You’ll be excited about acting quickly and being an early part of our rapidly growing company.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of marketing
- Filter, sort, and prioritize marketing ideas, develop plans and track progress toward goals.
- Identify and experiment with new marketing channels to support our ambitious growth goals.
- Lead the marketing team in planning, reporting, and coordination
- Create and report on marketing KPIs
- Establish marketing goals based on past performance, market forecasts, and expected ROI
- Represent the marketing team in leadership meetings
- Work with our team to develop cohesive, sales-aligned marketing plans for existing and new channels
- Direct human-centered marketing campaigns via email, direct mail, webinars, SEO, and sales enablement.
- Develop new processes to coordinate campaigns and create efficient and effective bi-directional communication between sales and marketing.
- Work closely with our Marketing Executive to design long-term sales enablement campaigns
Please apply if you have/are:
- Exceptional and demonstrable systems-thinking skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience pursuing results through experimentation and iteration
- A passion for human-centered marketing, technology and using it to help people
- Highly self-motivated
- Experience managing/leading a team
- Knowledge of and experience with inbound marketing, content marketing, sales enablement, SEO, and PPC (ideally at a SaaS company)
- Comfort with a range of Internet technologies including HubSpot, Google docs, video conferencing, and other web-based software
- Adaptable to a changing and fast-paced environment
- Excited to work at a startup company and make a big impact
You'll Love This Position If You:
- Are a systems-builder and enjoy developing consistent processes and aligned goals.
- Are a marketing “scientist” that is comfortable exploring data, experimenting with marketing strategies, and iterating toward success.
- Love getting your hands dirty with marketing data, designing plans and long-range goals, and tracking progress toward them.
- Prefer getting results through focused experimentation and iteration.
- Enjoy working with a creative team to build human-centered campaigns that connect with potential customers on a personal level
- Are energized by working in a close-knit team to build something new
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. Remote candidates are accepted but will require occasional visits to our offices in Orono, ME.
Send your resume and cover letter to Brian Rahill via firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Marketing Manager