Sr. Benefits Analyst
The Sr. Benefits Analyst is responsible for the analysis, administration and communication of all employee benefit and wellness plans. Incumbent will oversee certain benefit programs ensuring communication materials and presentations are high quality and assist employees in their full understanding and utilization of the programs. Responsible to perform monthly, quarterly and annual benefit plan analysis, billing, and reconciliation utilizing benchmark data and company cost and usage trends. Maintains, updates and develops a variety of reports utilizing HRIS tools. Responds to a wide variety of benefits inquires from employees in a variety of manners including email, phone, etc. Responsible for leave management including FMLA/ADA, workers compensation and short and long-term disability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Process enrollments (employee self service), changes and terminations for benefit programs using electronic systems and manual processes.
- Perform calculation of monthly benefit plan premiums, ensuring that appropriate employee payroll deductions are made and that vendors receive payments on a timely basis.
- Maintain employee benefit and wellness information in the HRIS system to ensure accurate data records are collected and maintained.
- Manage the administration of the annual benefits open enrollment process. Set up the HRIS system for each benefit option, review and approve all employee benefits selections, notify employees of issues and resolve appropriately, and follow up with up with employees to ensure all submissions are complete.
- Perform routine data audits to review for errors to ensure accurate data is collected for the self-administered billing process and to ensure processing including benefit enrollments, changes, and terminations.
- Assist with the annual benefit renewal and enrollment process including employee communication and education.
- Complete benefit compliance items including 5500 reporting, plan document administration and other ACA related regulations.
- Produce benefit and wellness reports for management on a regular basis utilizing Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Perform program administration for the company 401(k) retirement plan including portal management and initial enrollment for new employees.
- Assist in managing a variety of benefit, wellness and leave of absence programs and policies as requested including wellness program administration.
- Keep updated on benefits, wellness and leave of absence programs and practices.
- Manage the ongoing benefits and payroll reconciliation process working closely with Finance.
- Develop and run analytical and ad hoc reports on a regular and as needed basis.
- Responsible for managing the leave of absence process ensuring appropriate paperwork is completed for FMLA / ADA.
- Manage HRIS system functionality in respect to benefit carrier feeds and process improvements.
- Streamlines processes and applications while ensuring accuracy, integrity, compliance, cost-effectiveness of services and timeliness.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and HR experience.
- 3 - 5 years direct experience in the HR field with proven working knowledge in the benefits function.
- Prior experience working with HRIS and payroll systems.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS AND ABILITIES)
- Strong working knowledge of benefits, HRIS and payroll systems
- Strong working knowledge of Excel for reporting purposes
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- An eye for detail, problem-solving capabilities and analytical skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize and execute many different tasks each day
- A team player able to work effectively in a team environment
PHYSICIAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Normal office environment – pet friendly
· Extensive Computer use