Job Opportunity: Operations Forester, Katahdin Region, Millinocket, and Medway Maine
Acadian Timber Corp, is a leading supplier of primary forest products in Eastern Canada and the Northeastern U.S.
With a total of approximately 2.4 million acres of land under management, Acadian is one of the largest timberland operators in New Brunswick and Maine. Acadian owns and manages approximately 1.1 million acres of freehold timberlands in New Brunswick and Maine and provides management services relating to approximately 1.3 million acres of Crown licensed timberlands.
Katahdin Forest Management, a division of Acadian Timber, and a leader in Forestry Management, has an immediate opening for a Operations Forester based in Millinocket, Maine.
Overview of Responsibilities
• Planning, oversight and recordkeeping of forest management activities, including harvesting, road construction, road maintenance, herbicide application, planting, inventory plots, and general property maintenance
• Ensuring KFM continues in compliance with all laws and regulations: i.e., the Conservation Easement on KFM property, and the Sustainable Forestry Initiative
• Maintaining good relationships with Internal and External Customers
• Meeting deadlines, requiring time worked in both the field and office
• Continuing sustainable management of KFM’s 300,000 acres of timberland located in Northern Maine
• Ensure KFM meets its Forestry Management Plan
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• University Degree, or Technologist / Technician Diploma in Forestry
• Eligible to be a Maine Licensed Forester or Intern Forester
• A good aptitude with computer technology, GIS and GPS use
• Competency in safety and environmental standards
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Physically fit to cope with adverse field conditions
• Valid Driver’s License
Those with prior harvest operations experience and knowledge of safety and environmental standards on forestry operations are preferred.
Candidates who possess the following assets are invited to submit their resumes no later than April 23rd, 2021 to Acadian Timber by Email: HR@acadiantimber.com or/ Fax: (506) 356-4281:
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.